My '02 LS V8 racing stripe

FALECF4

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I designed this stripe about 15 months ago and had it put on my car. It definitely gives the car a totally different look! I call it my luxury sports car and with the stripe it looks a bit like a race car too. Most people tell me they haven't seen that type of car (an LS) before but I just tell them they just never noticed one because they blend in well. Speaking of blending it...cops (unfortunately) also notice race stripes. It's getting a little beat up so this summer I am having it redone and I will probably tweak the design a bit.

I was thinking of getting a few designs down and offering the different designs with different color options for sale. Anyone me know if you'd be interested in something like that.

***Yes I am aware of the crack in my front fascia and missing corner light...it requires a new front bumper and all new plastic pieces underneath too.

2002 LINCOLN LS V8 001.jpg

2002 LINCOLN LS V8 002.jpg

2002 LINCOLN LS V8 003.jpg

2002 LINCOLN LS V8 004.jpg

To each his own. Its kind of DUB style. I dont like it but if it makes you happy you should get a good detail and shoot some clear over the entire car. It helps those type of vinyls look better and have a bit of pop as it blends it in to the paint better.

Also I would think of a sport swap for the front and rear bumpers. The style the stripe represents clashes with the chrome trim bumpers.

Lol whats with the missing fog light and side marker?

Had a little accident....and the front bumper is cracked from the top almost all the way down. It's a little pricey to fix at the moment. I have to replace my ignition coils before I worry about cosmetic changes.

To each his own. Its kind of DUB style. I dont like it but if it makes you happy you should get a good detail and shoot some clear over the entire car. It helps those type of vinyls look better and have a bit of pop as it blends it in to the paint better.

Also I would think of a sport swap for the front and rear bumpers. The style the stripe represents clashes with the chrome trim bumpers.

I'm not sure how well vinyl does under paint. Plus, this way I can change it over and over until I find something I really like and then incorporate it into a paint job eventually. Like many of the LS owners here, this is just the start...

i agree with not clearing but i will also say..... while its something you dig, Id rip someones soul out their arse if they did that to my car! LOL

I know a lot of the guys on here don't like them, but I think if you added a rear "factory" wing that was the same color as your stripe it would look better. Kinda like an old school Yenko...

1969g_yenko.jpg

Is that a vinyl or is that actually painted on?

I do think it would look better on the bottom of the car, and if it was just a vinyl I may be interested.

Can Vinyl's come off?

Well, if you like it, FALECF4, that's all that matters.

I say if you are going to do it again, have a professional do it so it lines up properly. Maybe just do an outline, and leave the center part the body color, so it doesn't look so massive. You know, like 2 larger pinstripes. Then have it be all black in the back where you have LS V8 cut out of it. And maybe match the Lincoln LS font from the badges on the vehicle.

Just giving ideas, but I'm not a fan of any of the vinyl decal stuff. But that's just me.

I always thought an LS might look cool with a color-matching but slightly darker stripe that was more to the driver's side. Maybe a smaller double-line or something. I'll never do it, I just thought it might look cool.

belongs on the bottom, btw you have damage on the front end lol

I like it where it is. Stripes on the bottom are for Town Cars! :D

You mean mirrors, I mean chrome:shifty: :yuck:

:D

I actually keep trying to place what type of service vehicle it makes it look like.

WOW!!! I can get a Title loan for up to $10,000 dollars... I'm there!:D
J/K, I like it but I think if the colors were reversed I'd look better. Has potential though.

I definitely applaud you for trying something different from the rest of the LSes. My LS needs an entire paint job and I've been really thinking about having some sort of design ghosted into the paint but cant decide what would look good and not out of place. Although, imo I don't think this is too extreme or completely riced out like some of the things I've seen done on LSes, I do think that you should wait until you have the funds to do something like this properly so it doesn't look like it's just thrown together. Also, I would definitely swap out the bumpers for a pair of sports, or if you can find a first gen or have the cash a 2nd gen lse bumper.

ill be honest, I've been looking at some sort of custom striping with vinyl, but have yet to find anything that stays to the Lincolns class. I wouldnt do anything in the paint until you found just the right look. I am thinking that with the Luxury and Sport, subtlety is key.

here is a prime example or proven color combo that just doesnt work on these cars:
sully5.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back