X-Pipe

DFlaJax

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Prior owner had bad air ride for a long time, cause the exhaust was beat to crap. So I had it redone from cats back, with 3rd cat deleted and new mufflers. Sounds like crap, and I'm reading that adding an x-pipe will fix that, plus help performance. Aftermarket x-pipes look more restrictive than OEM Cobra units, but does it matter with stock motor? With my straight pipes so close together, an H-pipe would be easier to install. Comments?

From what I've heard
H-pipe=Better low end power and it will give your car a lower rumbling sound.
X=Better high end power and gives your car that higher pitched exotic euro sound.

From what I've heard
H-pipe=Better low end power and it will give your car a lower rumbling sound.
X=Better high end power and gives your car that higher pitched exotic euro sound.

I may have made a mistake then... I prefer the lower rumble! I purchased an X-pipe a few months back. I have yet to install it but now that I am reading this, I wonder if it will sound better with the H-pipe connection. It would certainly be easier/cheaper.

Does anyone know if the flapping sound will go away with the H-pipe set up?

I have to say, I went with an X pipe and I dont have a high pitch euro sound. My car is actually real aggressive and deep sounding. If your going to get an x pipe, in my opinion the magnaflow universal one is the easiest to work with. I went with a gt500 aftermarket one and had to do a lot of fabrication to it.

This is the magnaflow one.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-10791/

The above moron also has a Blower, it'll sound alot different

No it wont. Blower haz almost zero effect of exhaust sound. Thats turbos...... douche.

haha I dont hear any euro. I got to post a video of mine. My stupid blackberry wont let me send the video to my email.

I have a full custom magnaflow exhuast with resonator delete and xpipe on my LS and dont have that euro sound....but i have the rumble.

Hmmm I wonder where the whole X-pipe=euro sound idea came from. When I was deciding which to buy I looked it up on google and that's what the consensus seemed to be. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake getting an H for my setup.

Hmmm I wonder where the whole X-pipe=euro sound idea came from. When I was deciding which to buy I looked it up on google and that's what the consensus seemed to be. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake getting an H for my setup.
They are raspy and euroish on Mustangs because of muffler location. On a Mark the X or H sounds near identical.

Members online

Back