2007 Zephyr to get Cyclone V-6

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_lincoln_zephyr_duratec/index.htm

Now couldn't they have squeezed out a few more ponies out of this one, to give the Zephyr more power? Like how they gave the LS's V-6 20 extra horse over the regular Duratec.

I don't like the current Zephyr and MKX directions- they're just rebadged Fords. Look at the Lexus RX330- same platform as the Highlander, but completely different sheet metal and shape. It's unique.

captainalias said:
I don't like the current Zephyr and MKX directions- they're just rebadged Fords. Look at the Lexus RX330- same platform as the Highlander, but completely different sheet metal and shape. It's unique.

I don't mind the Zephyr as it's an entry level car for Lincoln replacing nothing before it. I agree with the MKX though as it's just a rebadged 500, which is a rebadged Volvo. As well I wouldn't spend over $40,000 on anything with a front mounted transverse engine. The LS was hell is a great car, to replace it with a MKX is just sad. I'm wondering if they'll replace the Town Car with a Volvo chassis, and make a car to fit between the MKX and Town Car again on a Volvo chassis, it won't Ford save them only hurt Lincoln.

do you know any 0-60 times and 1/4 miles times this engine will get?

mark0101 said:
do you know any 0-60 times and 1/4 miles times this engine will get?

current 0-60 is 7.2 seconds, so it could bring it down to elss than 7.

What lincoln needs are uprated ford engines to set them apart, like a further 20 hp boost. that would be sweet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back