i10358.jpg

93 Mark VIII Midnight Black/Ebony

General Description

I'm the 3rd owner of this double black, 105k miles, fully loaded 93 Mark VIII.

I went to the yard looking for a 96 Mark VCRM for my son. Only Mark they had was this one, so I asked to see it to check for usable parts. Once I saw the car I knew there was a diamond under the dirt. Asked if they would sell the whole car. I figured if they would it would be over $1k. I about crapped myself when he said $750. They still made money on it, but not near what it is worth.

Had to replace fuel tank since car sat since 2001 with a full tank of gas. Got the nasty gas out of the lines and with fresh fuel it fired right up. Ran rough and would not idle for 15 minutes or so, but once the lines were completely flushed it starts and idles like it had only sat for an hour.

Car is still on air and was slammed to the ground. It seems someone tried to use front air struts off a Continental. Did not work to well. The solenoids were not in all the way and they had the clips "mashed" in to hold the solenoids in. Replaced those with some off a 98 and it pumped right up. Compressor is LOUD, but I have a near new spare going on soon.

Still cleaning on the car. It was a dirty pig, but is cleaning up very nice.

Will post more pics over time.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Category
LVC Member Photos
Added by
Go Fast Get Tickets
Views
Last update

More in LVC Member Photos

More from Go Fast Get Tickets