00-02 engine swap question

a_kraker99

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am sure this was covered before but I can never find anything using the search function on forums.

I just have 1 quick question. I have been looking for 3.9l v8 engines for a 01 LS and it some places seperate the 00-01 and the 02 in terms of compatability. 00-02 are all generation 1 right? If so then what is the difference in an 02 engine? Would it be compatible?

engine swap

I am sure this was covered before but I can never find anything using the search function on forums.

I just have 1 quick question. I have been looking for 3.9l v8 engines for a 01 LS and it some places seperate the 00-01 and the 02 in terms of compatability. 00-02 are all generation 1 right? If so then what is the difference in an 02 engine? Would it be compatible?

So did that 02 engine work for you? Was there any difference?

The main engine harness is a different part number even within gen1 years, wonder why that is.

When my motor was replaced in 2009, the dealer told me the location of a couple of sensors were different, and the routing of the fuel lines was different between 00-01 and 02.

On the 3.9, the fuel lines are in the same place on the engine in all first gens. I got an intake manifold from a 02 and it bolted right up to my 00; everything was in the same place. Idk about sensor locations but if they're moved, that shouldn't make a difference. The main plugs should be in the same spot..

On the 2002 3.9 there are a couple of lubrication lines coming from the oil pump that point directly onto the lower timing chains providing a stream of oil that the 2001 does not have. I'm assuming the 2000 is the same as the 2001.

Members online

Back