02 3.9L misfire???

streetwise83

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i have an 02 ls 3.9L v8 w/ 95,000 mi. was driving the other day car ran fine got on the highway to merge and it started missing/ surging feeling. after a few minutes check eng. light came on. code was p306 missfire cyl 6 so i changed all the plugs and the coil on #6 cyl. car stills has a mis only seems when engine is warm and at higher speeds. any ideas?? also i found oil in spark plug wells 1.2.3.4.5 the rest were dry i havent done the new valve cover gasket they r on order could the oil in there be causing a mis??

You almost certainly need to replace the other 7 coils, as soon as you replace the VCGs. This includes the dry coils (7 and 8). Time and heat are bigger killers of the coils than just oil.

You almost certainly need to replace the other 7 coils, as soon as you replace the VCGs. This includes the dry coils (7 and 8). Time and heat are bigger killers of the coils than just oil.

+1

You can get packs of 8 coils on ebay for a good price. If you dont change the valve cover gaskets you are going to get really good at changing coils one at a time.

Members online

Back