06 Brake Boost Check Valve location

Patroned_LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
sup guys
newbie here. I just upgraded my brakes and replaced a master cylinder due to leakage. I always had a high pitched sound which i always though was a leak at my intake manifold. when i was testing the master cyinder and brake booster i heard the high pitch whistle/whining change pitch. before ignition, i pumped the brakes to stiffness turned the car on and pedal would lower so i know booster is good. this is leading me to believe the vacuum line or the check valve is faulty. thing is i tried to follow the vacuum line to check valve but im not familiar with the lcation. the manual says its located int he aspirator inline with the hose. havent had the time to get back in their, was just wondering if anybody here knew where the check valve is exactly and how difficult it is to repair. thanks in advance

The check valve is in the elbow that goes into the vacuum booster.
There is also a pair of valves in the middle of a set of vacuum hoses that run beside the intake manifold. I think that they work to get vacuum from the intake manifold or from a venturi on the throttle body, whichever has higher vacuum (manifold at idle, venturi at full throttle high RPM).

thanks joegr
i'll check it tonite hopefully but i though the location was different between the v6 & v8. i think the v6 has it connected to the booster the v8 has it in the line. i have the v8 (my fault i forgot to mention) and in the manual exploded view of the booster it is not shown

thanks joegr
i'll check it tonite hopefully but i though the location was different between the v6 & v8. i think the v6 has it connected to the booster the v8 has it in the line. i have the v8 (my fault i forgot to mention) and in the manual exploded view of the booster it is not shown

I have two V8s. The parts lists shows a check valve in the elbow (both V8 and V6) and it shows the dual valve assembly in the hose set along the manifold (both V8 and V6).
I know the dual valve assembly is there (easy to see). I haven't verified personally that the check valve is in the elbow, but I have no reason to believe that it is not.

cool will attempt to check as soon as i can. i replaced my master cylinder with a remanufactured that started leaking when pumping the brake gonna just return it n go with a new one. gonna pull that vacuum hose when i get done. appreciate it

Booster.jpg

Call out 2365 is described as: Power Brake Booster Check Valve
1W4Z-9Y432-AA

Booster.jpg

hey joegr
gonna try to go back in under hood tonite after school
i removed my reman. MC to return yesterday n took a pic
image.jpg
also matched it up with my manual
image.jpg
did more careful reading n i see your right about where the check valve is. thanks.
in case its not the hose or the check valve, would you happen to know exactly where the other end of the vacuum hose plugs into? just in case i need that part

image.jpg

image.jpg

nvmnd that last reply
what i meant was where the booster hose connects to the junction of the lines that go along the intake, if youu knew where it connects on the rear side of the intake manifold?
image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

lol nvmnd again i found where it goes. gotta remove the sway bar and the plastic covers above the sway bar to get to it

yeah i realized what i typed after. having to troubleshoot this car in a rush has u thinkin to fast lol. when i saw the bar under the plastic wiper covers thats what i thought for some reason

The plastic part is the cowl panel. The metal bar is the cross vehicle support.

Hi !

I check the brake booster ,one connector looks in bad shape , is it the check valve or just an elbow ? xD

2001 Lincoln LS v8

best regards!

*thank you, I'm learning a lot with your help.:rolleyes:

brake booster (1).jpg

brake booster (2).jpg

brake booster (3).jpg

I'm confused. Your picture is mainly of the heater bleed port, which is not connected to or at all related to the brake booster.
In the back, I do see the check valve, but I don't see anything suggesting that it is in bad shape.
Perhaps you could circle in red exactly what your are talking about?

it feels brittle and looks rusty.

It's plastic, so it's only stained, not rusting. It may well be brittle and I wouldn't disturb it without reason. If you really want to change it, it shouldn't be too hard to get a new one.

Thank you Joegr,:cool:
very helpful!

Is it a generic part or should i need a special part number ?

best regards!

1W4Z-9Y432-AA. Not generic, but also it is one of those rare parts that are not LS only. This one fits some other Fords.

Members online

No members online now.
Back