? 0n 97

lincolnboy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i am checking my cop cause i think i have a miss. while taking the cop off one of the boot just came off..so i am thinking that was the miss but i am going back out the take the rest off .. my ? is does autozone sell cop for the 97-98

on two cylinder i have oil on my spark plugs...i did a search and came up w. oil leaking from the plugs...could i get some rubber washer and put on the plug...or what other fix is their.......

lincolnboy said:
on two cylinder i have oil on my spark plugs...i did a search and came up w. oil leaking from the plugs...could i get some rubber washer and put on the plug...or what other fix is their.......

Your cop problem, I can not answer that one.....I own Gen 1's.

Now your oil problem......you have to replace the 'cup' gaskets that are under the valve cover. Each spark plug galley has its own gasket which look like lil cups with the centers drilled out (so the spark plug can go thru). You can get them from Max @ 5 Star Ford (1-800-866-1520 ext. 236). They are not that expensive, but are a real PITA to put in.....since you have to remove the valve covers to do so. That is why you have oil down in your spark plug galleys.
:Beer

i changed my plugs and the one the cop since the dam boot just broke off.....the plugs were pretty bad..... no missing so far letting the car run to see if the c.e. come off.......

still getting a popping sound. from the airbox. if i take off the air box i hear popping from the intake........time to go to autozone

lincolnboy said:
i am checking my cop cause i think i have a miss. while taking the cop off one of the boot just came off..so i am thinking that was the miss but i am going back out the take the rest off .. my ? is does autozone sell cop for the 97-98

Dealer wants about $20 dollars apiece for the COP boot, you can get them from RockAuto for $3 dollars each. I used them and they work great.

http://www.rockauto.com/ref/SMP/SMPDetail2.html?SPP46.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back