2000 Lincoln LS Project

Quinn LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I've got a completely stock 2000 Lincoln LS V8 and would like some input from some other owners.
Basically what I've got in mind right now:

• Angel Eyes
  • Black 20" Wheels
  • Tinted Windows
  • Black out any chrome trim
  • Smoked Tail Lights
  • Double Din Touch Screen Stereo
  • 2 x 15" R.E. Audio Subs in the trunk
  • Still Deciding on a component system
  • Shaved Door Handles

So that's what I've got planned as of right now, in no particular order.
Don't have any of it done yet, as I need to replace the battery and the passenger side window regulator, but I'm just trying to draw out a plan of attack.
If you have any ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear them!

1939770_10152695562531040_881070326_o.jpg

1939770_10152695562531040_881070326_o.jpg

I'd bet that it's the passenger side window regulator that you need, instead of the motor.

I'd bet that it's the passenger side window regulator that you need, instead of the motor.

Thanks for the quick reply!
You're probably right, we haven't taken a look at it yet.
I'll make a correction on the post.

Before doing the angel eyes I would get some headlights with the clear lenses. Thats my next purchase. As far as the 20's... I have 20's on mine and they rub pretty bad. Has even gone as far as bending the fender down and slicing into the tire when hitting an angle to fast. I do like how the 20s fit in the wheel well but dont like the constant worry of eating the fenders and tires. Tinted windows is a must... as far as the chrome trim I used plasti dip with the glossifier on my grill and rear lisense plate surround. Havent gotten to the window trim yet. Also used dip for my headlight eyelids. Ive never really liked the shaved door handles personally but thats just my opinion. Last suggestion I would have is swap out all bulbs for leds. I did some led conversions on my interior pieces also to get rid of the ugly green.

Here is my 02 LS...

View attachment 828468458
View attachment 828468459
View attachment 828468460

*never hurts to photo whore a bit... [emoji16]

Your LS is gorgeous! It's almost exactly what I pictured doing to mine when I first got it.
In terms of the wheels, should I go for an 18 or 19 then?
Cheers

Before doing the angel eyes I would get some headlights with the clear lenses. Thats my next purchase. As far as the 20's... I have 20's on mine and they rub pretty bad. Has even gone as far as bending the fender down and slicing into the tire when hitting an angle to fast. I do like how the 20s fit in the wheel well but dont like the constant worry of eating the fenders and tires. Tinted windows is a must... as far as the chrome trim I used plasti dip with the glossifier on my grill and rear lisense plate surround. Also used it on the wood interior pieces. Havent gotten to the window trim yet. Also used dip for my headlight eyelids. Ive never really liked the shaved door handles personally but thats just my opinion. Last suggestion I would have is swap out all bulbs for leds. I did some led conversions on my interior pieces also to get rid of the ugly green.

Also welcome to LVC!!!

Here is my 02 LS.... *never hurts to photo whore a bit... [emoji16]

uploadfromtaptalk1404236241766.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1404236280383.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1404236296226.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1404236340679.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404236241766.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404236280383.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404236296226.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404236340679.jpg

Your LS is gorgeous! It's almost exactly what I pictured doing to mine when I first got it.
In terms of the wheels, should I go for an 18 or 19 then?
Cheers
Thanks... i really love the LS. Ive only had it for about 8 months so its still a work in progress. Sorry for the duplicate posts... using tapatalk on my note 2... anyway... yeah id go 18 probably and then maybe lower the ls a bit. Up to you though.

Thanks... i really love the LS. Ive only had it for about 8 months so its still a work in progress. Sorry for the duplicate posts... using tapatalk on my note 2... anyway... yeah id go 18 probably and then maybe lower the ls a bit. Up to you though.

Sounds like a great plan, that's what I'll probably end up doing.
Was the wood trim inside hard to pop out to plasti-dip, or was it pretty simple?
Sorry for all the questions, just anxious to get started.

Sounds like a great plan, that's what I'll probably end up doing.
Was the wood trim inside hard to pop out to plasti-dip, or was it pretty simple?
Sorry for all the questions, just anxious to get started.

No worries... I asked tons of questions when I first got my LS... The worst part of the wood trim was the door panels because I took them all the way off the door to dip them... you really don't have to because the dip just peels off anywhere you don't want it but I had the door panels off anyway so I just took them out... Have you used plasti dip before? If not there are tons of tutorials on youtube...

No worries... I asked tons of questions when I first got my LS... The worst part of the wood trim was the door panels because I took them all the way off the door to dip them... you really don't have to because the dip just peels off anywhere you don't want it but I had the door panels off anyway so I just took them out... Have you used plasti dip before? If not there are tons of tutorials on youtube...

I watched my brother use plasti-dip on his BMW but I figure I should still watch some videos.
I'm most likely going to pop my grill out and plasti-dip that for practice.

I watched my brother use plasti-dip on his BMW but I figure I should still watch some videos.
I'm most likely going to pop my grill out and plasti-dip that for practice.

Yeah the grill is a great starting point... that was the first piece I did also... then moved on to the interior pieces and then the rear surround... did the wife's stock wheels on her alero also but was lazy and didn't take the rims off the car so it didn't turn out great... Well keep us posted on progress!!!

I'd start by giving that paint a good buffing - it looks like it could really use it. The clear on these things is pretty solid, so a good buffing will do it a LOT of good.

Made an appointment on monday to replace the battery as well as a full service and inspection.

2014-07-23 22.13.05.jpg2014-07-23 23.35.57.jpg2014-07-23 23.37.33.jpg

15" Ascendant Audio Avalanche sub paired with an RE Audio CTX 1600.2 amp. Gonna be running this bad boy at 800 watts RMS at 4Ω

2014-07-23 22.13.05.jpg

2014-07-23 23.35.57.jpg

2014-07-23 23.37.33.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back