2000 LS Radio doing some funny things.

5at38off

LVC Member
Reaction score
I posted earlier my radio lights were not coming on all the time and the steering wheel controls were acting up. Well I did the clock sping this weekend and still have the same problems. wanted to see if anyone knows of a fix or if my radio needs replaced. heres what it does. digital display comes on all the time but does not dim with the dimmer. control lights do not come on at all. mute button on steering wheel does not work. scan up button increases the volume. scan down button skips forward to the next song. Any ideas???

Bump. after searching the threads this seems to be a common problem on the 00 ls. other forums are also posting the same problems but I have not seen a fix other than the clockspring. anyone have my type issues and had them fixed???

i read the lights out on the radio were fixed with a new head unit. i read this in a dead thread somewhere.

just ran into the same problem as you (steering wheel mute and up button as well as the LED lights). turned out I replaced the entire radio and solved all three problems.

Members online

No members online now.
Back