2002 ls 6

Ls Guy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys my car is giving me a code p1413 which as I understand it relates to a secondary fan(?)and the ac isnt working. Are these two things related?

Either way can anyone give me some direction as to trouble shooting one or both?

Thanks for any help....

Eddy

Looks to me like it's the Secondary Air Injection system. The flow chart says to check for a faulty air pump as well as vacuum leaks. In an '02 I would start with the vacuum hoses. They are quite possibly cracked.

P1413 Secondary Air Injection Monitor Circuit Low Input.

This is not at all related to the AC system. It is part of the emissions system. You have two (or more) unrelated problems to deal with. Can you give any more detail than "the ac isnt working"?

Hey fellas thank you for your replies.
Joe, the ac blows warm/hot air..no strange noises or anything like that. I also know that the passenger side cat has to be replaced and that the o2 censor associated with that bank may be faulty.
Everything else with the car seems to be good....running etc....the scan I took turns up the code I mentioned.

I'm not really anting to take it to the dealer at $110 an hour....I can get around a car ( changed the clock spring on my own...no parts left over...lol)....so if it's somthing I can tackle on my own with some pointers I would rather do that.....

Thanks again,
Eddy

hey fellas thank you for your replies.
Joe, the ac blows warm/hot air..no strange noises or anything like that. I also know that the passenger side cat has to be replaced and that the o2 censor associated with that bank may be faulty.
Everything else with the car seems to be good....running etc....the scan i took turns up the code i mentioned.

I'm not really anting to take it to the dealer at $110 an hour....i can get around a car ( changed the clock spring on my own...no parts left over...lol)....so if it's somthing i can tackle on my own with some pointers i would rather do that.....

Thanks again,
eddy

Is it warm air from one side and cool the other? That would point to the DCCV.

Hey fellas thank you for your replies.
Everything else with the car seems to be good....running etc....the scan I took turns up the code I mentioned.

I'm not really anting to take it to the dealer at $110 an hour....I can get around a car ( changed the clock spring on my own...no parts left over...lol)....so if it's somthing I can tackle on my own with some pointers I would rather do that.....

Thanks again,
Eddy

Search for AC problems.
If the air on either or both sides is heated, not just uncooled, the odds are really really good that you have a bad DCCV.

Gottcha thanks again......hot or warm from both sides it is. Now the Million dollar question....errr where is the DCCV located? somewhere easily accesable or WOuld it be by chance, behind the dash?????? Just to make things more interesting for me....lol

Thanks again for all your help!!
Eddy

Gottcha thanks again......hot or warm from both sides it is. Now the Million dollar question....errr where is the DCCV located? somewhere easily accesable or WOuld it be by chance, behind the dash?????? Just to make things more interesting for me....lol

Thanks again for all your help!!
Eddy

Search this site. DCCV should have about a thousand hits. It's at the right side of the radiator.

Members online

Back