2nd go-round with an LS?

elhelmete

LVC Member
Reaction score
I love my '03. Yeah, even though it's a V-6. I just do. But she's got 98K on her and I've got a little window here where I'm able to look for a replacement.

I generally like to buy one-year old cars with low miles. Certified if possible.

So I did all my research and narrowed it down to 3 choices:

1) MKZ (would consider leasing a new one, and I like my dealer...wife has a Mariner so we're familiar)
2) CTS ('06 or '07)
3) Acura TL

Along the way I ruled out every other FWD car. Just did. I can't afford the Germans right now, and late model G35s are scarce around here (get snatched up fast) and command a high $$, if one pops up soon it will make my list... Not impressed with Lexus, so sue me :) .

1) MKZ...blech. Just didn't fit me right and felt awkward from the moment I sat in it.

2) Had a pick of (10) '07s with under 5K miles at a nearby dealer, great prices, 0% finance. I liked them. Drove well, felt light, great tranny, decent interior, quiet, nimble. But a couple things stuck out: no power passenger seat, manual steering wheel adjustment, no pedal adjustment, definitely smaller inside than LS, etc.

3) Beautiful interior, and great exterior style and colors. But I did my research and after immediately experiencing the "low RPM vibration" problem that plagues these cars much like the coilpacks do on our LSs, I had to ask myself if I could deal with a legacy issue like this. Also, it felt ponderous up front and I just can't stomach FWD. The Acura BBS are full of people touting how many performance FWD cars there are, including some current race cars, but..whatever...I don't like the feel all that much.

Every time I got back in my LS, 98K miles and all, I realized why I like it so much. So I'm off this week to drive a couple low mile '06 LSs nearby and see if I want to continue the affair.

That is all.:) :)

I say pick up an '06 LS if you find one to your liking. Get it with all the options. I know that is what I want to do once my '04 v6 gets to 100k. There are several options I find myself missing (even though I never had them) such as heated/cooled seats, autodimming mirror with compas, seat position memory, v8 power, etc.
I would very much like to have the 2009 CTS-V but just don't see that happening. The '06 LS is much more practical (although still a year or two away unfortunately). You won't regret it!

To those that tout the FWD---name ONE race car that is chosen because it is FWD. If the rules don't mandate it, no one in his right mind would choose FWD in preference to RWD. Just something to think about!
KenS from Ben's Place

Out of all those, if you don't want another LS get the TL. They are great cars and well priced. I've got an '04 in my stable. Runs great and is reliable.

Had a TL for abit, very nice car so I would say that.

Tl:

I liked the TL a lot, but after scanning their bulletin boards like this one for the LS...I learned about a nagging vibration issue they have. Nagging like the coil pack issue nags us LS owners.

And lo and behold I felt it right away. It would drive me nuts.

Other than that I liked it a lot.

Wish it has AC'd seats!!

I liked the TL a lot, but after scanning their bulletin boards like this one for the LS...I learned about a nagging vibration issue they have. Nagging like the coil pack issue nags us LS owners.

And lo and behold I felt it right away. It would drive me nuts.

Other than that I liked it a lot.

Wish it has AC'd seats!!

I've read about that issue as well, however, I have never experienced it in my '04. The TL is a great car, great gas mileage and it will beat my LS off the line with its high-reving Honda engine.

yea, never had a vib in my '04 when I had it. I drove it almost everyday too for the few months I had it. It was a toughy on which car to keep, the GS or the TL, chose the GS just cause I felt alittle better in it plus the TL styling got alittle tiring to me.

yea, never had a vib in my '04 when I had it. I drove it almost everyday too for the few months I had it. It was a toughy on which car to keep, the GS or the TL, chose the GS just cause I felt alittle better in it plus the TL styling got alittle tiring to me.

They are getting a face-lift this year.

Ah cool, I think the tiring look was cause they seemed to be everywhere. Have not noticed them as much now though that I got rid of it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back