2nd Mark but very happy

TheNewLinc

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey gents, new to the board... last week I got myself a bit of a beat down Mark but the car is well worth it. Grabbed it from the original owner, needs absolutely nothing mechanically but plenty asthetically. It has 91,200 original miles. The old man only washed the car every 3 months religiously. He admitted to me that every time it was time for an oil change he would dedicate the day to teh car. Oil & fluids change & tires rotated all done at the dealership in the morning then carwash in the early afternoon but other than that the car was always dirty. He also bolted a couple lights down with screws & wires... Yes wires but it gets better. There's an old red lego piece holding the passenger side front headlamp. Other than that the paint is original, it's nice & glossy but needs a buff bigtime. It has no rust at all.
Only pictures I have right now were the ones my cousin took with his crapy phone the day he took me to meet up with the owner at a local Walmart. As soon as I get a chance I will take better pictures.

Right now I need that are bad on the car:

Driver's side door handle
headlights
corner lights
2 tires
rear trunk licoln logo
center console lid is cracked

This is my 2nd Mark VIII. I owned a blue 1993 back in 2005. I used to browse this page but never joined. This time around I figured I'd join to get more pointers. I lvoe what you guys have done with your cars. :gr_hail:

20120930_153825_zps87744b05.jpg

20120930_153658_zps18c450fc.jpg

Welcome to LvC! Good looking 96. Whats up with the headlight shim on the rt headlamp? You can adjust those so you dont have to use a shim.

I think he said something about a Lego piece, lol... OMG... What ppl will do to cars is just crazy.

Welcome to the board New Linc... Hey, what happens when you're not new anymore. Will you change your screen name? :D

Welcome
And its nice when people buy beat up marks so we can watch (or help) it come back to life.

Hey, TheNewLinc!!! Welcome! Nice find. Hope you have alot of fun restoring your car. You've certainly come to the right place as we will journey with you and appreciate your efforts always... as long as you post LOTS of pictures!! :D

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Here's what you need to replace that trunk lock cover...$50 shipped and it's yours. Custom painted, black with white pearl Lincoln star.

image-2912576377.jpg

Thanks guys! This is definitely the place to be. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow evening for 2 weeks with the family but when I get back I'm definitely hitting up this forum full force!

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Here's what you need to replace that trunk lock cover...$50 shipped and it's yours. Custom painted, black with white pearl Lincoln star.

This definitely makes me a happy man! I will hit you up once I return

Hey, every forum has a parts guy. Who's the parts guy here? I just realized the passenger side plastic housing by the seat (the one with the seat controls) is cracked. I wonder if any of you have that?

No better forum to be a part of if you ask me.

That's a great deal on the trunk lock cover. If I were you i'd jump all over it.

As far as the seat bezel. I will look through my shed. I think i have a spare passenger side that I will let go for cheap.

Already looked. I guess I have to check with ample time. Haven't found anything I need yet.

Visit junkyards by you..those places will usually have the best deals on small parts like that..eBay usually has little stuff like lights, grilles, interior pieces, you just have to search religiously..just don't get ripped off..ask us before you buy anything and usually someone here will be able to tell you if its a deal or not. Search all of Craigslist for parts cars for certain stuff you can't find otherwise.

Members online

Back