4 10 inch subs

sideshowstunna

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so after blowing out my 15 L7, I decided to go for the tighter bass of 10's, I have four punch p2's on the way from crutchfield, I figured their 250 watt rms rating each should compliment my amps 1000 rms output nicely. my questions are 1. is anyone running a similar setup and can tell me what kind of sound to expect? and 2. does anyone know if they will fit straight across facing back between the trunk hinges?

i dont think they will fit straight across, i have 2 10s and there isnt a whole lot of room left over

there should not be a problem fitting them straight across with a well designed box, there is about 42" between the trunk hinges at the closest point, the bottom of the box will be a little tricky because the floor is not flat where the strut mounts are, but again if the box is designed and built well it should fit real tight.

i would also make sure that you have some type of grill for the P2's. because of how hard and brittle the cone material is, if any thing touches the cones while they are playing they WILL SHATTER INTO PIECES.

I have 5 10's. L5 kicker square 10's. I don't have a pic of it currently but I have three under the back dash across the back of the seat... then two more, one in each corner of the trunk... it's kinda hard to explain... I will try to draw something for you to show you what my set up looks like... brb...

This is a horrible drawing but I think it get's the idea across... the box for the woofers in the corner's had to be built to kind of "sink" into the little section in the corner.... I will try to get some pic's one day to post here.

spectacular drawing.JPG

That is nice!! I have an extra set of L7s in the shed..i wanted to do 4 but I don't like the idea of a sealed box I.m.o..

I would have went with two 500rms subs instead.

this is my next sub, it sounds incredible. and i only need one. those kickers look nice but they have super sloppy bass, dont get me wrong they are loud but i like quality over loudness in my speakers.

sub.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back