4.3gallons for 150 miles

joeydm090682

LVC Member
Reaction score
i went from exit 11 to exit 4 and back again on the nj turnpike yesterday and i was noticing incredible gas mileage lately its been doing so welli thought the fuel computer was inacurate but i thought i would get gas after that run to see if 4.3 gallons would fill it to confirm that and it did. anyone else ever avrage 36 miles plus per gallon??

joeydm090682 said:
i went from exit 11 to exit 4 and back again on the nj turnpike yesterday and i was noticing incredible gas mileage lately its been doing so welli thought the fuel computer was inacurate but i thought i would get gas after that run to see if 4.3 gallons would fill it to confirm that and it did. anyone else ever avrage 36 miles plus per gallon??

yep. its not abnormal. strange as it seems.

I think I read somehwere they were temporarily taking out some eco-friendly additives to help with the fuel situation, and that would improve mileage. I could be totally wrong about that. But yeah, I think it would be possible to get high-20's easily cruising on the turnpike - but then, 36 seems wrong.

brentalan said:
I think I read somehwere they were temporarily taking out some eco-friendly additives to help with the fuel situation, and that would improve mileage. I could be totally wrong about that. But yeah, I think it would be possible to get high-20's easily cruising on the turnpike - but then, 36 seems wrong.

nope, i usuially get 32mpg crusing @ about 75 on 295, and thats with a set of older plugs and wires...i think 36 might be excessive, but i know for a fact on the 32...heck genos car with the 4.10s gets 27@ 75...so, lose 1.02 on the rear...and gain 5mpg...

ya freeway mileage is great. (I never have to go any where on the freeway) I just drive to get my son at school.
My wife drives to jobs on the freeway and never burns up as much as I . She thinks I'm burning out at every stop.

joeydm090682 said:
i thought i would get gas after that run to see if 4.3 gallons would fill it to confirm that and it did. anyone else ever avrage 36 miles plus per gallon??
Not going to happen unless it is all downhill in BOTH directions.
icon10.gif

Depends who is driving

My 96 averages 17 MPG if I drive it entirely by myself. If I use the cruise on the way to and from work, I average 23-25. But then again if I use the cruise, i may as well sleep for the drive because it is boring as hell. Damn cruise control will not pass anything. WIMP

I'm driveing ~120mi. each way to work, I was at ~28, right now I can't get much over 26, I can Barely make it two days in a row at 75mph.
That gets me Deep in the red at 26mpg.

Members online

No members online now.
Back