98 LSC rust pics

Considering I'm from NJ and cars seem to come with rust as standard around here, that doesn't seem that bad. However that is like 10 times the rust that any of my Mark's have had. So I'm not sure if I have just been lucky or Mark's are not that prone to rusting :confused:

Considering I'm from NJ and cars seem to come with rust as standard around here, that doesn't seem that bad. However that is like 10 times the rust that any of my Mark's have had. So I'm not sure if I have just been lucky or Mark's are not that prone to rusting :confused:

Well this car came from New Jersey originally and I bought it here in MN with 72K miles. So it has had 80K miles in the salt capital of the world (I can't speak for NJ). It has seen the better part of a couple winters here and considering the junk that I see sitting around the area here I can only guess that my car is not as bad as it could be. I really had to go out and take some pics and start thinking about this though because I don't want it to spread. Not driving it at all the last couple winters has been part of my way to combat the issue and all of the mods I have done to it to go faster has made it all that much worse to drive in the winter.

Does that car have a moonroof? If so, get ready for a horror show under the paint on those rockers. They're likely rotted out from the inside.

I wish you the best of luck, but just wanted to warn you.

I wouldn't say thats horrible for 14 years and 150k+. Sand it down and make it look the best you can.

Luckily my lower drivers door is good, passenger side not so much. I did grind it down and ppc it, looks much better. Other than that just a small bubble or or 2 on each rocker. Very similiar pattern as yours but just not nearly as bad yet. This will be the second winter mines seen since 07, prev owner only put on 23k in 6 years so I doubt he drove it much if at all in the winter.

I guess its because I'm used to Florida cars, we only see rust if they are parked by the ocean. However to be honest with you, that's not that bad at all. Since the car is silver I would sand it here & there, throw some primer on those spots then mist some silver paint over it. It'll slow down the rust & you can continue having fun with the car. I think you can still enjoy her for a couple years with no issues.

That's not THAT bad. Just sand it away and prime and paint. I was expecting a rust bucket. If left to spread that's what it will become, but right now it's not bad at all.

Imagine these cars if they weren't galvanized? Well, except the roof.

This pic bothers me.

600133_3854052357744_1074435113_n.jpg

I would have a hard time talking myself into doing anything with this paint/body.
Rust never sleeps.

This pic bothers me.

600133_3854052357744_1074435113_n.jpg

I would have a hard time talking myself into doing anything with this paint/body.
Rust never sleeps.

It'll always come back, but he can atleast try to make it look somewhat presentable..Just plan on doing it once a year. ;)

Once moisture gets in that seam where the 1/4 and rocker meet, its all over. It is rusting from the inside out..if you're going to mess with any body work, why not just cut out some good sheet metal from a donor car and weld it in..practice your welding skills :D..the doors are another story..those are also rusting from the inside out, not as easy to fix short of grinding it all down or just replacing the doors..which doesn't seem to be an option for you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back