A chance meeting...

Infarc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday I was woken by my wife who informed me that the Continental had a flat and she needed to get to work NOW. Blearily eyed I grabbed my wallet and keys and drove her to work in the Mark VIII.

When I pulled into the parking lot, parked in a guest parking spot was a silver '94 Mark VIII with a Cobra-R hood, a spoiler, and Cobrastar badges on the front fenders. This of course catches my eye. I remember reading that someone from on here sometimes comes through Springfield and I was wondering if it was him...

As I am parked sideways eyeballing the silver Mark a man comes walking out of the plant towards the car, and is obviously noticing me parked there at an annoying angle. Turns out it is Kevin O'connell, from this site!

So the first person I ever meet from here and I am unshaven, half awake and still wearing my pajamas and house shoes!

After I got the flat fixed on the Continental and got myself cleaned up and some work done, Kevin and I went out to lunch. I didn't take any photos of his engine (I should have) but he has added some really nice valve covers and done some other work there. The most notable thing about the car is, of course, the hood and spoiler which I have to say look much much better in person than they do in any kind of photograph. I have been contemplating doing some of that and I think seeing his car may have made me pull the trigger. As you look at the photos notice his awesome headlights and annoyingly perfect rear window seal.

P3247120.jpg

P3247128.jpg

P3247133.jpg

P3247134.jpg

why cant i ever see anyone else with a mark since iv owned my car iv met 1 guy with a gen 2

wish i could see more marks around here...rims are looking great on both btw.

I actually just met a guy at advanced auto parts with a 93 that only had 83k on it, i was damn suprised

I didnt mean the wheels themselves but your front wheels should
be turned the same way as Kevin's to the left

Oh yes, you are totally correct! That is just a photo I snapped off the whim. Really all the shots I took were of his car, that's the one I was concentrating on!

Wow haven't seen one of those spoiler in fO-ever

That hood on your blacked out VIII would look killer. :cool:

I JUST and by just I mean a week ago today painted my hood because I had messed it up on a cowl project. Hard to explain. Anyway in the past I have seen that hood and thought it made the front look too heavy but I was looking at it on Kevin's car and thinking "Man, that's the ticket".

One day...ooone day I'll meet SOMEONE from LvC. I dont care if its even an 'LSer' ;-)

Springfield

Thanks for the pics and compliments, Dev. Hey guys, Springfield has a drag strip test and tune that we could meet for. His car's nitrous, meth/water setup and exhaust are the sh!t! If I can talk him into setting me up the same way, I'm gonna do it.
Ask him how fast the car is!
Next meet???????????????????????????????????????/:D:D:D:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back