A few bugs on a good car

lincolnjlincoln

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I bought a 92 signature series it as all older cars do had a few problems I fixed some of them but here is a couple that remain first the people I bought the car off of told me that the transmission had been rebuilt and I believed it has. the problem is that the entire digital dash is off. when the speedometer says im going 47 im actuley going 55 could this be because of the transmission work? also the speed controll doesnt work when i push the buttons on the steering wheel, the speed controll light comes on under the spedometer but when i let off the gas it just decellerates and after it goes so slow the light just kicks off. two more things (sounds like this car has been neglected) the fuel door button doesnt work neither does the defroster the backlights come on when i turn on the lights but the orange light doesnt. other than that this has been a good car please help:)

lincolnjlincoln said:
Hey I bought a 92 signature series it as all older cars do had a few problems I fixed some of them but here is a couple that remain first the people I bought the car off of told me that the transmission had been rebuilt and I believed it has. the problem is that the entire digital dash is off. when the speedometer says im going 47 im actuley going 55 could this be because of the transmission work? also the speed controll doesnt work when i push the buttons on the steering wheel, the speed controll light comes on under the spedometer but when i let off the gas it just decellerates and after it goes so slow the light just kicks off. All of this seems to be trans related. Could be as simple as a module or the wrong trans was put in. two more things (sounds like this car has been neglected) the fuel door button doesnt work Does it click? or nothing at all? if no click then maybe just the switch, if it clicks, but does not open then check the adjustment and lube the mechanise on the fuel door. I assume the manual pull tab in the trunk works.neither does the defroster Does the A/C work? if so then it could be the blend door. the backlights come on when i turn on the lights but the orange light doesnt. Sounds like just a bulb issue other than that this has been a good car please help:)

See above in blue

Members online

No members online now.
Back