Acura TL-S VS Lincoln LS

Lincoln_exe

LVC Member
Reaction score
So heres the fight. 08 TL-S VS 02 Lincoln LS8

Heres the stats:

Buddy car = Stock TL-S. 125, 000 KMs (75, 000 miles on it) He baught it 1.5 years ago

My car: Engine stock. 252 000 KM (151 000 miles on it) Megnaflow cat back, Custom intake, Custom tune flashed with Xcal 2. Tune is Hot.. like track hot. I baught it 5 years ago and running full synthetic since i had it. Got it at 115, 000 KM (69 000 miles)

So total expendatures including car purchase is: Me $10, 500 and his is $50, 000 canadian dallers.

Who wins?

Edit: He agreed to racing me at the track. But then he found out about my upgrades and is refusing to go. Keeps saying "im too busy" for a year now. Hes a cocky prik who tells EVERYONE he meets his cars faster but refuses to race because hes too busy.
He believes his car will do 14.1 in a QM because Car and driver scored that.

Last edited:
so wait, he spent 50K on a five year old car with 75k miles, i dont know who would win but i do know who really lost...

If we can both launch from the dig well, do i smoke him or are TL's really that fast?

Also will he outperform me on top end?

when he baught it, it had 8K miles on it. He put 65Kmiles on it because of his job.
Sadly, he still has $22K left to spend to own it.

He's got about 30HP and 200 lbs less than you stock for stock but the tune/exhaust/intake help and you beat him narrowly in torque.

He's got about 30HP and 200 lbs less than you stock for stock but the tune/exhaust/intake help and you beat him narrowly in torque.

Stock hes runing 286 HP.
Stock im running 252 HP.

Ill say this, before any upgrades, I lost to my brothers 08 Altima 3.5 cvt.
Then, with just megnaflow upgrade, i beat him @ 165 KM/H with 1 cars length :cool:

And My bros Altima did 14.7 at cayuga as his best (stock).

Id like to think intake and tune mak me alot hotter than 14.7
If car and driver got the BEST time on a new TL-S 14.1, then theres no way my buddys used TL will pull that. By all means, i should smoke him with a proper launch.

Anyone here Ever race a TL-s with their lincoln??

You do know those are not "to the rear wheel" hp numbers? LOL. You sound like a good guy but stop while behind.

The better driver wins.

You do know those are not "to the rear wheel" hp numbers? LOL. You sound like a good guy but stop while behind.

The better driver wins.
Not sure if this is directed at me..?

Yeah, I'm aware of that, especially because the TL is FWD. For the sake of the comparison though it's a reasonable estimation, although the 200 lbs. difference is probably more important than the horsepower figures in this case.

Seem to be an influx of those lately :shifty:

Its only getting worse and worse....

@ OP, 65K in a year ton in a year... I doubt either of you are factory condition on your engines...i.e. neither of you are putting out these HP numbers... It will all come down to driver and car care level....

I say whover gets the jump would win, so make sure you dont sleep at the light. I race a lot of these newer 6 cyl. cars and it kills me that I have a hard time, or even just recently a Maxima pulled on me and I have the same amount of work as you.

Everyone does different things with their cars but the last time I checked you didn't purchase a race car, regardless of how much work you put into. Unless of course you swap and/or forced induction. That changes things a little in my opinion.

Everyone does different things with their cars but the last time I checked you didn't purchase a race car, regardless of how much work you put into. Unless of course you swap and/or forced induction. That changes things a little in my opinion.

:( mines a race car :(

So heres the fight. 08 TL-S VS 02 Lincoln LS8

Heres the stats:

Buddy car = Stock TL-S. 125, 000 KMs (75, 000 miles on it) He baught it 1.5 years ago

My car: Engine stock. 252 000 KM (151 000 miles on it) Megnaflow cat back, Custom intake, Custom tune flashed with Xcal 2. Tune is Hot.. like track hot. I baught it 5 years ago and running full synthetic since i had it. Got it at 115, 000 KM (69 000 miles)

So total expendatures including car purchase is: Me $10, 500 and his is $50, 000 canadian dallers.

Who wins?

Edit: He agreed to racing me at the track. But then he found out about my upgrades and is refusing to go. Keeps saying "im too busy" for a year now. Hes a cocky prik who tells EVERYONE he meets his cars faster but refuses to race because hes too busy.
He believes his car will do 14.1 in a QM because Car and driver scored that.

First, his car ain't gonna run 14.1.
Second, he keeps postponing? Flip the whole thing on him and make him chase you.

I wouldn't mind owning a TL.

02lssport or whatever went from LS to TL.

Am I the only one reading all this and saying.... Who cares?

Neither the TL or the LS are fast. They weren't engineered to be sports cars, they are luxury sedans.

Members online

No members online now.
Back