Advance Trac

Mexican3001

Car audio guru
Reaction score
okay, so my advance trac light keeps flashing since the first time the message center said check advance trac. the message went away one day and now it says advance trac is ok. but i have notices that when the car starts to fish tail it doesnt move the wheel anymore to stabilize it, it only stops power to the rear wheels. took it to the dealer and they said 1000 to change out the traction control module, and its not guaranteed to fix the issue does this seem right? is it something i could do? or could it just be a wheel speed sensor or abs sensor? any help would be appreciated. oh and its a 2000 LS V8

Last edited:
has anyone ever replaed the traction control module? would it be fairly simple to do? or does the dealer need to do some type of mating with the pcm?

Looking at the parts list it's kind of hard to determine what kind of job it would be. If it's $1000 to just replace the module at the dealership, then there must be a lot of labor involved since the list price is about $400. But if that $1000 price includes the module and the pump, then there's only about $200 in labor indicating that it's a quick(er) job. Assuming you have the right tools and know how.

Edit: I guess I can't link directly to the parts list. But follow that link, enter your car info and type "traction" into the search box for the list.

Thanks for the insight ill see if its just the module or both the pump and module. I was thinking it was high because they quoted me about 3 grand to fix the front suspension and it was only 1 grand elsewhere with parts included

Members online

No members online now.
Back