advise please

dpoll995

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
my wife will start driving my mk8 soon as her daily driver. its all good but mine has lowering springs on it and im scared she will tear up the under side of the car. i can either sell the mark now and buy her a newer daily driver or let her tear it up and have to buy her newer daily driver later. also i guess i could cough up the 400 bucks for a new coil kit thats factory height, but the car looks so good lowered! suggestion please.. thanks

The wife should be able to watch out for hitting things as well as any other person, if she is aware of it I wouldn't think it would be a problem....

I would jsut let her drive it and see what happens I geuss, tell her to be extra carefull and see if she hits stuff lol...

Go driving with her and point out how you have to watch out for things. It will be fine.

yeah go with her, and remind her the car is lowered........personally i only know maybe 3-4 girls that drive 'normal'........all the rest drive like crazies :eek:

The car lowered 1.5" is suitible as a DD for her, you need to teach her the do's and dont's of altered suspension. I had the same fears till I taught my Girl how to drive my car now she loves driving 1/2" off the ground.

never would i allow my woman to drive ;my car lowered, especially in the winter when snow hides things. SELL SELL SELLS EELSLSLSLS SLSL SLS

never would i allow my woman to drive ;my car lowered, especially in the winter when snow hides things. SELL SELL SELLS EELSLSLSLS SLSL SLS

thats why you buy a 500 dollar beater for winter and dont drive the car you like, a few winters of driving your nice car in the snow, you wont care what happens to it because it will be all rotted out anyway!

not to be mean but I am so glad my fiance is a car girl and drives great. Better than most guys and her camaro sits lower than my mark any day

My wife drives my lowered 94 with no problems.. she knows what to look for and how to go in and out of a steep driveway or when not to even attempt to enter a drive that would cause the car to scrape.

Teacher her what to do and she'll do fine.

ya i will try to teach her but. i just dont want to get that phone call from her cuz she is stuck some where cuz it bottomed out real hard and tore up the front end or even worse that there is some black water coming out from the car!!:eek:

MY girl and MY ride

Yo, my wifey loves my ride and would never beat it. She is more cautious than me when she drives it. I drive it like I'm on a track and she drives like she's pullin into the driveway. As suggested, take her out and coach her a little on things to become familiar with while driving and pulling in and out of different surroundings. Big cars are difficult at first but assure her that you trust her. BIGGEST SUGGESTION: RAISE THE DRIVER'S SEAT TO THE HIGHEST POSITION. THAT LONG HOOD IS HARD TO SEE OVER FOR SHORT PEOPLE. :D

Yo, my wifey loves my ride and would never beat it. She is more cautious than me when she drives it. I drive it like I'm on a track and she drives like she's pullin into the driveway. As suggested, take her out and coach her a little on things to become familiar with while driving and pulling in and out of different surroundings. Big cars are difficult at first but assure her that you trust her. BIGGEST SUGGESTION: RAISE THE DRIVER'S SEAT TO THE HIGHEST POSITION. THAT LONG HOOD IS HARD TO SEE OVER FOR SHORT PEOPLE. :D

That may work,but keep in mind that it might not work. I know people, men and women both that have been driving for 25 years and they still suck! As far as the seat position, it`s a good thing this isn`t a 73 to 77 Monte carlo forum because they really had looonngg hoods!.

Members online

No members online now.
Back