Aftermarket Stereo 2000 Lincoln LS

bfahrnow

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just joined this site today after purchasing a 2000 Lincoln LS last week. My quesiton I have is if anyone here has a 2000 with an aftermarket CD player in it and if they had any troubles with having someone install it? A friend of mine said she owned an LS and someone quoted her $500 or some outrageous number like that for installation. She said it was due to the fact of a special harness or something that was needed? I hope this is not the case. I am trying find a local installer to put the CD deck and run my wires for subwoofers and amp in the trunk. If you guys have any info on here or tips please let me know! Thank you!

-Brian

no speacial harness needed, just go to your local woofer store and get the standard harness to plug into your ls and wire it to the radio, also if you want the steering wheel controls you need a harness and cd-deck that will aloow it. There is also a harness needed for the stock subs to run. But if you get new subs you just wire it like normal systems.

Hello everyone, I just joined this site today after purchasing a 2000 Lincoln LS last week. My quesiton I have is if anyone here has a 2000 with an aftermarket CD player in it and if they had any troubles with having someone install it? A friend of mine said she owned an LS and someone quoted her $500 or some outrageous number like that for installation. She said it was due to the fact of a special harness or something that was needed? I hope this is not the case. I am trying find a local installer to put the CD deck and run my wires for subwoofers and amp in the trunk. If you guys have any info on here or tips please let me know! Thank you!

-Brian

Why aftermarket? You're just inviting a thief; unless you're also adding navigation. I added an amp and upgraded the speakers; including a pair of 6X9 full range (4-way, IIRC) speakers in the rear deck. I got to retain all the factory controls and have excellent sound. You can always purchase the in-dash 6-disc changer from a place like ebay. Just know that the Alpine and non-Alpine units aren't interchangeable.

now before anyone comes on here and yells at me for suggesting that he searches for his answer, did you see that one of the top couple of results is actually for the tech articles for 1st gen radio replacement.? boo-yah .

Mind = Blown

and i even entered the year of the car wrong, showing that searching really is so easy, even a caveman could do it.

all in good fun, Billy...... Sorry. Its a very easy job to complete yourself. You will need to buy (assuming you dont have navigation), a new bezel (front plastic piece that goes around the radio). You can find them on ebay pretty cheap. A single din is for a normal stereo, and a double if the face of your head unit is much larger- or if it has a screen (i know, i know "you can have a single din and a screen" I have it myself). you can do the whole job with very basic tools... but seriously, search around. This site has all the info you'll ever need to know about your LS.

and dont worry, its normal hazing. laugh it off and join the club. Welcome.

p.s. post some info and pics about the new LS.

.. and yes i know, you can cut up the old one to work too. but who really wants to do that.

.. and yes i know, you can cut up the old one to work too. but who really wants to do that.

Actually right now I am using the stock Headunit in my LS :/ Hate it but it works for now..

I have 2 12's in my LS.

What sucks is that turning up your music goes in very what i consider large increments.. there is no like happy medium for sound level. Unlike after market stereos, you can have a volume level of 50 and set the volume to just about where ever you want it and it be a smooth volume jump.. Stock head unit on the other hand.. With each step in volume, it get 50% more loud I guess you could say.. Deff not a smooth transition.. And it sucks having to settle on a volume level that is to loud or low for you :p

THOUGH My headunit is only temp. getting a Double din Touch screen by Boss soon.. Boss BV9555

I ran two Memphis 10" subs and a Memphis amp off the factory Alpine headunit for years. Even won a stereo sound off with it rated at 128db.

Currently running an Alpine W203 CD/DVD player.

Only reason I changed over to an aftermarket headunit. I plan to install moniters in the headrest for my girls to watch movies and for car shows. At the larger shows, you get more points for audio/video set-ups.

Sounds good guys. I was about to say before someone mentioned that the hazing is normal on here that there were some real :q:q:q:q:q:q:q people on here to new members. But its all good. Thanks for the help guys, someone mentioned to me that it was an expensive job to get done but i guess she was just a little wacked out of her mind. lol. I dont have the Alpine unit its just the normal factory stuff as far as i can tell. Unless Alpine makes the 6 disc changer that is in the glove box.

most of the factory units are alpine, it will say "alpine" on the front of the radio.

as far as it being expensive, its no harder to do than most other fords, dont let the lincoln name fool you, the work is easy, its finding someone that knows what their doing that is the problem.

also the reason that new members get "hazed" is because almost every single one that comes here ask the exact same questions over and over. with extremely few exceptions, almost every question has been asked and answered before (some questions more than others) i suggest for any new people to look around a lot and get to know the place real good, and #1 before ever creating a new topic, search around to make sure that it hasnt been covered before. a lot of times you will find the answer your looking for much quicker than waiting around for a response. also if it is one of those questions that are asked a million times, most of the real knowledgeable people wont bother to comment if somebody doesnt show some initiative by doing a little leg work themselves. you will also find answers to questions you didnt even know to ask yet!

Members online

No members online now.
Back