Am I missing something here?

BostonLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have had my 02 LSV8 for about two months now. When I first got it, I was amazed at the accleration, cornering, and the solid feeling that it gave me. Now after two months, not so much. It feels like I'm just driving another car. Am I being spoiled? Did anyone else go through this when they first got their LS? Every once in a while I actually think there is something wrong with the car, not as much juice, something wrong with the suspension, etc., etc. I'm always worried that something is wrong with it. Is this just general paranoia that I am feeling? Has anyone else felt this?

But at the end of the day, I'm still driving an LS and I can't get enough of it. I still look at it under the street lights at night and smile. It's almost surreal.

Yeah man i drive an 02v6 and everynow and then im like dude wake the %$*) up to my car becuase some days it pins me in the seat and cant be stopped and some days it wont get out of its own way it seems but i thinks its more or less US(the driver) my ls is very much the same day after day its always gonna be there for me and not give me too much problems. I know what you meen when i look out the window of my house its right under the street light glowing and i still giggle like a little school boy :dancefool

I turned my v6 sideways on the on ramp today.. was kinda fun.. lol

BostonLS said:
Am I being spoiled?

That's my guess. Get in someone elses car and drive it. I did that a few weeks ago. My wife has an LS, so I couldn't use that. My other car is a Mustang with modified suspension, so I couldn't use that(for suspension checking anyway...it will out perform the LS in accel by light years). I got in my friend's Cobra. That did it.

The LS handles well, but you don't notice it after driving it all the time. You just get used to it. My Mustang reminds me when I hit certain bumps.

BostonLS said:
So I have had my 02 LSV8 for about two months now. When I first got it, I was amazed at the accleration, cornering, and the solid feeling that it gave me. Now after two months, not so much. It feels like I'm just driving another car. Am I being spoiled?

I think once you get out the first few weeks of hammering on it, and seeing what its made of, you realize you can just drive it normally. However with where i live you will need to QUICKLY get in and out of traffic for where you need to go, so when you hammer on it, you'll re-remember real quickly what it is you got.

It might not be a cobra or an corvette, but nothing quite like the lsv8 roaring up in a luxury car and blowing by most of the cars you're next to.

I drive my 94 GMC as a daily and trust me...when I do get in the LS it is a whole different world. I think you just got used to it.

I know there something wrong with my LS, it automatically flies past all the :ricesmile around my neighborhood. I can't control it!

Yeah you get used to the LS and spoiled. When I hop into my Chrysler and experience the big block rumble, wallowing ride, and leaf springs bolted directly to the unibody I really get a nice contrast from the LS...

The LS really shows up my wife's car. I can hardly stand riding in that thing anymore the suspension is so bad.

FreeFaller said:
I drive my 94 GMC as a daily and trust me...when I do get in the LS it is a whole different world. I think you just got used to it.

Agreed! I drove my '85 Eldorado for this past week while I did some work to the LS. Once I was back in my Linc, it was the sweetest ride.

Comming from a FULL SIZED suv this thing still feels amazing after 2 months!! :)

I can't stand driving anything else. My friend is always trying to say how nice his 3 series is, and how well it corners. After driving his car, I know what the 3 series has on the LS...NOTHING. The only car I have been in that compares to driving the LS is another friend's 1986 M5, only because it is fast, looks like a sleeper, and can handle real well. Ride quality is worse than my beloved LS though.

yea i got a 93 g20 that i drive to work most of the week. last night i took my ls out for the first time in about a week and I was impressed. I forgot about how smooth the car is.

Members online

No members online now.
Back