Another Crazy Idea

ltnate3

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying something here. How about a touch screen monitor hooked up to a navigation unit where the ashtray and surround is now. Right now I have my sirius controller there but was thinking a monitor might look nice. Here's what my console looks like now. Yeah I know, not the best picture.

MVC_004S.JPG

ltnate3 said:
I'm thinking of trying something here. How about a touch screen monitor hooked up to a navigation unit where the ashtray and surround is now. Right now I have my sirius controller there but was thinking a monitor might look nice. Here's what my console looks like now. Yeah I know, not the best picture.

Shift knob looks obstructive. BTW that looks nice.

nah, too low. just get a nice integrated unit to replace the radio. the eclipse unit with the HDD is killer.

Yeah it might be low but I had my wifes Megellan sitting there yesterday and it made me think...hmmm. Of course the Eclipse unit would be more convenient but I was looking for something different. YOu guys might be right though.

It might be a little low and also that part of the console looks like a little narrow to fit even a DIN sized TV.

HyeLifeLS said:
It might be a little low and also that part of the console looks like a little narrow to fit even a DIN sized TV.

Actually I measured it and a 6 3/4 x 4 monitor (Kenwood) looks like it will fit just nice. I know it's low but I don't plan on staring at it. You guys are killing my motivation now. ;)

you need to measure the body of the unit......Not trying to step on your dreams here....Measure it to see if the body will fit in there and also I think that there are some metal bars back there that will keep you from having the depth.....get a grinder out and cut away.....It could be done if it is wide enought but I think it would be to low and make the viewing angle hard to see the screen thats before you and a nice glare from the sun....But you could still do it

you really want it as high as possible. you'll look at it quite a bit and probably don't want to take your eyes that far off the road.

I was thinking about mounting a tomtom or smaller streetpilot unit in there...

Great feedback everyone. Ok I'm convinced it's too low so I'll go back to my original plan and install a new head unit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back