Another Trailer Hitch Question, one with no cutting required?

YdibuynLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hate to be that guy that asks the same question but after searching the forums for trailer hitches I came up empty. PM80 mentioned he installed one with no trimming, but didnt give a manufacturer. Had a reese hidden hitch I liked on my MN12. I think someone mentioned the Draw tite LS hitch needed fascia trimming. Anyone know if the reese hitch fits without cutting? pics would be greatly appreciated.

I saw that post, and that's some really nice work but I don't have access to welding equipment to burn metal that thick. I just can't beleive there is no production tow hitch to actually fit the LS.

I saw that post, and that's some really nice work but I don't have access to welding equipment to burn metal that thick. I just can't beleive there is no production tow hitch to actually fit the LS.

Owners Manual: Your vehicle is not equipped to tow. No towing packages are available through Ford or Lincoln/Mercury dealers.

Owners Manual: Your vehicle is not equipped to tow. No towing packages are available through Ford or Lincoln/Mercury dealers.

So equip it to tow from another source. (but all I could find was ones that required trimming)

For what its worth my 2000 LS manual says it can safely tow 2000 lbs. However I'd recommend towing no more than 2000-2300lbs, especially if the thing being towed does not have its own brakes. Thankfully my boat has electric brakes on all 4 wheels, and I can stop my rig pretty damn quick:D
2r3h5x0.jpg

It's only a jet ski under 1000lbs and a 20 mile round trip to the shore...if my MN12 with a 3.8 and an AOD could pull it I'm sure the LS can. If anyone had a pic of a production bumper hitch installed, I could figure out how I could modify the hitch to work, or rather pay someone else to do the welding after I cut it up. From what I've read the rear valence would need to be trimmed and it just seems silly...sounds like a couple stacks of washers and some longer bolts might make it fit.

I got my hitch and wiring harness from hitchesforless.com

Members online

Back