Anti-Theft ?????

Bumpin_MarkVIII

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey i have a problem with my 1993 Mark VIII Anti-Theft system when i arm it after thirty seconds the alarm will sound and for the love of me i can not figure out where the problem is accuring from ! I know the anti-theft light is supposed to go out after thirty seconds unless there is still a open circut such as a door or hood or the trunk but the problem i am having is i dont know where the sensors are or what triggers the alarm to activate >?< if there is anyone that might have a little information to give me that would be wonderfull i would appreciate it thank you !

i had the same problem in my 93.. i took it to the stealership and they told me it could be any of the 30 BILLION things that cause the alarm to go off at random..

starting with hood, door, trunk pins..

also.. some modules in the trunk were getting water on/in them due to leakage and had to be wrapped in shrinkwrap

if thats not it.. sometimes the ignition becomes loose.. ( key not in ignition but chime still goes off). when u take your key out and open door make sure the "key left in ignition chime" isnt ringing.. if it is.. just wiggle the ignition til it goes off..

thats what it turned out to be in my 93 after 6 months of scratching my head and waking neighbors

if all else fails.. just disconnect it and get an aftermarket

good luck.. its like finding a needle in a haystack with this problem

Members online

No members online now.
Back