Any car audio lovers out there?

bonus points if the bass did that to the mirror, negative points if not lol

Dude there's been much talk about u here. Especialy when it comes to HO Alt. Fill us in. I don't think anyone here has been able to get any to work.

Wow. Thats a bit too much for me. And yes, info on the alternator setup please. In your thread on the SM designs forum it just says it works, Mechman alt IIRC. Anything special you had to do? Do your headlights get very bright for a split second when you rev the engine?

That is wild...............just by watching this, it felt like I was being thrown out of my chair. :dj::dj::yourock:

I hope that was the cell phone audio; or that sound sucks! Holy distortion Batman!

bonus points if the bass did that to the mirror, negative points if not lol

You know it! Thats one of the MANY things I have broken. Poor car.

I just hit the 'like' button

Thanks man! :D

Dude there's been much talk about u here. Especialy when it comes to HO Alt. Fill us in. I don't think anyone here has been able to get any to work.

Really?!? Damn that makes me feel cool. Unless it was something bad :confused: lol. But my HO is a DC Power 270XP.

I live in Topeka and I think I commented on some you tube videos you posted at auto sound on Wanamaker?

Sweet man. Yea that was a vid of my older setup. New one is sooo much more violent and gets a ton lower.

Damn dude thats amazing. That would terrify me with how much parts of the car are moving hahaha

Me too man. Back rim flexes too. lol

Wow. Thats a bit too much for me. And yes, info on the alternator setup please. In your thread on the SM designs forum it just says it works, Mechman alt IIRC. Anything special you had to do? Do your headlights get very bright for a split second when you rev the engine?

It is a bit much. But its a passion. :D Whats your screen name on SMD? But alt is a DC Power 270xp. Nothing special with it. It just directly bolted on to my car. And headlights don't get any brighter but that could be cause I'm drawing about 1000amps at full tilt. lol But I would have to check it out sometime to see if it does.

That is wild...............just by watching this, it felt like I was being thrown out of my chair. :dj::dj::yourock:

Thanks man! It is a different feeling so much pressure, air movement. Hard to describe.

I hope that was the cell phone audio; or that sound sucks! Holy distortion Batman!

Its the camera. There probably isn't really a camera that won't distort with any bass. Especially at this level. Even my doors get the camera to distort. But trust me in person it sounds very very loud and clear.

I cant see much being able to handle audio that loud besides professional boom mics

Yes this is correct.

A basic $150 condenser mic with pop filter can catch that sound easily and clearly.

I will have to look into something like that. Some cameras do better than others but its never an exact replication of what it actually sounds like in person.

thats bad ass man...

Thanks man!

I'm about to make a thread talking about my HO alt. I just got done talking to my buddy who works at DC Power. Hope this clears some things up.

You know it! Thats one of the MANY things I have broken. Poor car.

Thanks man! :D

Really?!? Damn that makes me feel cool. Unless it was something bad :confused: lol. But my HO is a DC Power 270XP.

Sweet man. Yea that was a vid of my older setup. New one is sooo much more violent and gets a ton lower.

Me too man. Back rim flexes too. lol

It is a bit much. But its a passion. :D Whats your screen name on SMD? But alt is a DC Power 270xp. Nothing special with it. It just directly bolted on to my car. And headlights don't get any brighter but that could be cause I'm drawing about 1000amps at full tilt. lol But I would have to check it out sometime to see if it does.

Thanks man! It is a different feeling so much pressure, air movement. Hard to describe.

Its the camera. There probably isn't really a camera that won't distort with any bass. Especially at this level. Even my doors get the camera to distort. But trust me in person it sounds very very loud and clear.

Yes this is correct.

I will have to look into something like that. Some cameras do better than others but its never an exact replication of what it actually sounds like in person.

Thanks man!

I'm about to make a thread talking about my HO alt. I just got done talking to my buddy who works at DC Power. Hope this clears some things up.

Waiting on that thread for the H/O alt! I just bought an MRX-m100 1000watt alpine amp! The birth sheet says it pushes out 1086 watts rms at 2 ohms which I have it wired for. For about 30 seconds the bass is insane past half gain then it clips out.Problem I have is that the Amp clips with gain set past half. I have 4 gauge power and ground and a 2 farad digital cap. However i have a stock battery and alternator. Maybe I could just get a 2000 watt kinetics battery? Advice?

Zero...after seeing your video of your pass to show the speed of your LS, it is just a tad tough to get my mind to believe you are overly concerned with safety. LOL.

Just giving you some good natured grief......but being honest.

Never mind the mirror falling out, don't get how a glass windshield can flex like that without shattering/cracking.

Amazing !!!

Problem I have is that the Amp clips with gain set past half.

the gain is not a volume knob, with a strong enough signal, having the gain turned up 1/4 of the way could be too high and would clip.

sounds like the problem you are having is that you gain is just turned up too high.

now if your amp is shutting down because it is not getting enough power, that is not clipping and is a totally different problem.

the gain is not a volume knob, with a strong enough signal, having the gain turned up 1/4 of the way could be too high and would clip.

sounds like the problem you are having is that you gain is just turned up too high.

now if your amp is shutting down because it is not getting enough power, that is not clipping and is a totally different problem.

I got it figured out. I didn't have the subs wired right for the mono block amp. I bought The alpine 1000 watt mrx-m100 new at best buy to replace my 2 channel 800 watt kenwood which still worked fine but I wanted more power. The alpine is a beast of an amp and runs real cool no matter how hard it is being pushed. It is my first mono block amp so I just needed to get past the learning curve!

alpine's monos are some of the most efficient out there, even after using for a while, they usually dont put off much heat at all. now that there are using class D for full range amps, they can be hidden in some pretty sweet places!

alpine's monos are some of the most efficient out there, even after using for a while, they usually dont put off much heat at all. now that there are using class D for full range amps, they can be hidden in some pretty sweet places!

Here is a pic of the setup as well as a pic of my newlly installed mephis audio tweets!

photo.JPG

photo 2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back