Are all suspension parts the same quality?

texstead

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm still doing my research into my suspension problem.

But I can't find the answer to my question on the forum so...here's the question.

Are the parts from the different retailers of spring kits [Strutmasters, Suncore, etc.] all the same or are they from different manufacturing firms?

If so what are the differences in quality, if any? Which ones are the best in your experience?

Since the kits vary in price, it would be insane to spend more for the same product...wouldn't it?

The reason I was wondering about this is I noticed in the pic of the conversion kit at...
http://www.suspension-alternatives.com/Lincoln-Mark-VIII-Air-Suspension-System.html [Suspension Alternatives]
that one of the rear springs looks as tho it's a little off...it's not flat on the top like the one on the extreme left.

Am I just being picky?

These guys have the cheapest price on the spring conversion kit that I have found.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all!

I refuse to answer that on the basis that converting the Mark VIII to a non air suspension is nothing short of heresy!

That, and I don't know, really. Haven't converted one.. and never will. But im sure someone who's done it will chime in.

Since your converting to coils does it matter?

But if I were to get a rust bucket Mark VIII for cheap, like for free, and I wanted to convert I would go with American Air Suspension. The products may all be the same - never heard of coil kits failing - but the support of Eddie is great. And I think his kits are cheaper?

texstead said:
I'm still doing my research into my suspension problem.

But I can't find the answer to my question on the forum so...here's the question.

Are the parts from the different retailers of spring kits [Strutmasters, Suncore, etc.] all the same or are they from different manufacturing firms?

If so what are the differences in quality, if any? Which ones are the best in your experience?

Since the kits vary in price, it would be insane to spend more for the same product...wouldn't it?

The reason I was wondering about this is I noticed in the pic of the conversion kit at...
http://www.suspension-alternatives.com/Lincoln-Mark-VIII-Air-Suspension-System.html [Suspension Alternatives]
that one of the rear springs looks as tho it's a little off...it's not flat on the top like the one on the extreme left.

Am I just being picky?

These guys have the cheapest price on the spring conversion kit that I have found.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all!
Same stuff as Strutmasters. Same people.
Click "add to cart" and a Strutmasters paypal page comes up.

I can't say whether the conversion quality is different, since I've maintained the air ride, economics be damned. But I can say that the customer service can be vastly different.

And when that is considered, American Air Suspension outshines all the others. Not only is he often the best price, or offering the best warranty, he offers the best customer service. You can actually talk with the owner by phone or e-mail. And sometimes that's the difference between a successful installation and a nightmare.

I beleive they are all made by the same people..

Strutmasters makes most of the conversion kits and Arnott makes the aftermarket bags.

Eddie sells Strutmaster conversion and Arnott aftermarket bags at close to the same price that Strutmasters offers with a Gold Members Discount. What Eddie offers is quick and good support. Eddie also offers a longer warranty and to buy your old OEM damaged air bags and compressors which he refurbishes and re-sells.

Eddie has always treated me well I will support him 100%.

You can always get some conversions off eBay. I have a funny feeling that the cheaper ones ore Strutmaster's seconds...

Members online

No members online now.
Back