Are The Parts Revised???

PMB12

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I went to speak to a mechanic I know regarding my problems with the tranny. He told me to ask the dealer if the parts are new and also if it is a revised solenoid pack and valve body.

He basically said if they weren't revised the problem would just keep happening. That sure makes sense!

I phoned another dealer to ask prices and if the parts were in fact revised. (I'm learning to phone others or post here before I go anywhere near my own dealership.) He said the parts he would use were in fact new and revised or "reworked" to the 2002 model year.

My car is a 2001 LS. Are the parts interchangeable?

Anyway when I called my dealer, of course, he was completely uninformed. Said the parts can't be 2002 parts. They wouldn't work right. How can I make sure they're new and revised parts? Is my dealership just playing dumb so as not to tip off that of course they know about the problems with this tranny? I would think it would be standard throughout Lincoln dealerships to use the same parts.

I just want to make sure this doesn't happen again and that the correct parts are used. I love my car and sure would love to keep it for a few mor years.

Almost one week of this drama and hopefully all will be settled today.

As always, any info is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Paula

If the part is revised, it will have a different part # than the original. I've never seen Ford not issue a new part number for a revised part. (correct me if I'm wrong) Any parts man worth his salt should be able to track that for you.

2001LS8Sport said:
If the part is revised, it will have a different part # than the original. I've never seen Ford not issue a new part number for a revised part. (correct me if I'm wrong) Any parts man worth his salt should be able to track that for you.
I can tell you that I deal with OEM parts from Ford and they change part numbers like most folks change underwear. For example, the Lincoln LSE front grilles have changed part numbers twice already in just one year. I'd say that the part number would change if it was revised.

Members online

Back