Automatic Driver Settings?

StewieMason

LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought my 00 LS V8 non-sport a couple of months ago and all seemed well. I have never had automatic settings for the driver seating so I was pleasently surpirsed that such a novelty exists. Well, it now seems to have stopped working, any suggestions?

There is a module for that. I believe it will be located under the seats. But I'm not sure either...so don't just take my word for it. But that feature has diagnostic capabilities just like a lot of other systems on the car.

00ls-sport said:
trade the car in for one that works properly!

This is supposed to be a forum that answers owner's questions right? I come on here everyday and check to see if anything pertains to me... and I get a lot of help, but what's the point of answers like the one above?

Yeah no :q:q:q:q, seems like alot of smartassery here lately.

Don't trade it in, have an accident with it - get more money for the car.

Of course, that was sarcasm :D. Hey, check for fuses first. Second, do the seats power setting still work? I've seen these modules on GM's die, and the seats become inoperable as well.

StewieMason said:
This is supposed to be a forum that answers owner's questions right? I come on here everyday and check to see if anything pertains to me... and I get a lot of help, but what's the point of answers like the one above?

my bad....apparently your sense of humor isn't that big. n/m

Did you check the information display and try to reset the system? The automatic settings can be deactivated by the driver thru the push button controls. Check the manual for directions. It is relatively simple to do, but I don't have it in memory since I only needed to turn it off once.

Jim Henderson

I thought you were bashing my post about having the diagnostics run. I couldn't think of what I said to upset you!!

I've seen 00ls-sport's comments several times...I knew he was just needling you. But I can see how you might take his comment the way you did. It was all meant in fun.

Jim Henderson said:
Did you check the information display and try to reset the system? The automatic settings can be deactivated by the driver thru the push button controls. Check the manual for directions. It is relatively simple to do, but I don't have it in memory since I only needed to turn it off once.

Jim Henderson

yeah, press the setup button and scroll through until you see "easy entry."
make sure it says on. if it does, the problem lies elsewhere. i would start with a fuse after that as well.

I will check the fuses and the resets tonight. Sorry for overreacting- I should've got the humor in the previous post 00LS-Sport. Thanks

Sometimes my settings don't work all the way. Sometimes when I start my car, the seat will move up, but only about halfway, as well as the wheel. I will then push the 1 button, and both will move to the preset spots. Any ideas on why this happens? It happens about 25% of the time. I've even just started the car and not touched a thing until my seat had stopped, and it still did it. There's no pattern, it does it randomly.

StewieMason said:
I bought my 00 LS V8 non-sport a couple of months ago and all seemed well. I have never had automatic settings for the driver seating so I was pleasently surpirsed that such a novelty exists. Well, it now seems to have stopped working, any suggestions?

Stewie, based on some of the above posts, I think you need to clarify exactly what's going on with your car so we can help you. There are two systems for moving the driver seat.

The first is the preset memory that will remember the seat position, as well as the steering wheel position and the mirror settings (and on my 03, the pedal position). These settings are accessed through two buttons on the driver's door (Setting 1 and Setting 2), so two drivers can have each of their settings stored into memory.

The other system is the Easy Entry/Exit. This system will move the driver's seat back and the steering wheel up when the key is removed from the ignition. As someone posted above, the controls for this system are accessible through the information center buttons under the center AC vents on the instrument panel.

Based on the above descriptions, which system is giving you trouble? I think in either case, it could be something as simple as a fuse.

This is my first post too, so I hope I don't get beat on too bad...

I'm having this same problem with my 2004 LS. The entry/exit works fine when removing the key. I have a problem when retrieving the driver memory settings. Most times the seat comes close to the retained setting. The mirror always takes a second or third push of the button to return. Sometimes when I push the recall memory button, I get a beep, sometimes I don't.

Some may think this is a nice to have, but it's a requirement for me. I'm 6'7" and my wife is 5'0". I've had it in every car I've owned since 1992 (all GMs previously, this is my first Lincoln.) I never had an issue with the GMs - Cadillacs and Olds. Unfortunately, it's some minor annoyance like this that makes me wonder if I made a good decision "crossing over."

^This is actually what mine is doing as well. Exit/Entry works but Driver 1 and Driver 2 on the door do not maintain their settings. I have to reset them about 3 times a week.

Members online

No members online now.
Back