backfire through intake

MaRk32v

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
well the car ran this morning but it only ran for about 2 min. then just quit. but after that the car fires but then it pops back through intake. it seems like it wants to go sometimes but never does. checked all wiring and vacuum. but no luck there:Bang :Bang :Bang

Your valve timing is off. You are backfiring because one or more intake valves are open during compression. Could just be a timing adjustment, stretched timing chain, or something else. Get this repaired before running it again, as you can have a nasty fire on your hands.

Don

i could see that but why would it run fine this morning and then not now

Because Grasshopper in the universe there are infinite possibilities. In other words ""Scheiss Happens"

I am old school engine knowledgable. These new engines, that are computer timed, I do not understand. Whatever in the car, controls the engine timing, should be looked at. My guess is that it is failing, or maybe the battery is weak, and it isn't getting the current it needs to operate properly.

Don

alright im really starting to think that timing is my problem. now being that the motor is a 96 and the car is a 95 the timing is probably gonna be different due to some difference in cam duration and what not. correct me if im wrong. but how would i change the timing. cause when i get the car to fire it will run but only above like 1500 rpm any lower it dies

Members online

Back