Best non-hid headlamp bulb ??

JOHN1242

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 96 with non-HID lamps. The insides are nice and the outsides are not fogged and the lights are decent enough compared to most i hear from out there with bed reflective material or fogged glass/plastic. I have Sylvania Silverstars so far. I would like to know what people have had success with like the new Sylvania zXe's or PIAA's or Nighthawks or whatever. What are you runnin? and no , I'm not converting to HID's. I would like a whiter/ bluer look but not at the expense of worse visibility. and I want the similar 65 wattage as i dont want a harness upgrade , just a better replacement. low or high beam , what do ya got?
thanks,

JOHN

i checked, they have a nice 9005 fr only $37. and i dont need a new harness. any other suggestions out there before i order the Hoens?

What do you have against HIDs they put out more lumens with less heat so your lens will last longer.
HIDs also last about 2000 hours and halogen last about 1000 hours.
HIDs also use less power when running.

$$$. i love them in my 98.... but i want simplicity in my 96... the HIDs are a pain so far.. 2 bulb replacements and 2 wiring harnesses

Worse visibility with HIDs :confused: That's a new one.....

DLF makes adapter rings so that you can run a $40 set of aftermarket HIDs.

Worse visibility with HIDs :confused: That's a new one.....

DLF makes adapter rings so that you can run a $40 set of aftermarket HIDs.

he said he has non hid lamps.
he won't even need the adapter.
just needs a kit.

FWIW, a relay harness will help you get the most out of your bulbs in the headlights, regardless of type.

www.ddmtuning.com

Order the 4300k or 5000k color heat in a 9005 bulb. They twist right in like a factory bulb, get a relayed harness for assured bulb striking, and jump the pins inside you're column to keep the lowbeams on when you switch to thee highs.

Hooking up HID's are cake.

I'm running '96 LSC housings, DLF adapters, dual HID's, and two relayed harnesses and it was still an easy install.

Oh, and fancy chrome turn signal bulbs :D

Why would you go non hid when you can get a DDM kit for about the same cost and 10x the light output?

I use Philips Extreme Power II +80 in my Thunderbird and they are extremely bright.
110401_015300.jpg

Here are a couple of youtube videos of Philips Extreme's (not my car):

Philips X-Treme Power bulbs - YouTube
Philips X-treme Power +80 Halogen Headlight Bulb Test (APH Networks) - YouTube

www.ddmtuning.com

Order the 4300k or 5000k color heat in a 9005 bulb. They twist right in like a factory bulb, get a relayed harness for assured bulb striking, and jump the pins inside you're column to keep the lowbeams on when you switch to thee highs.

Hooking up HID's are cake.

I'm running '96 LSC housings, DLF adapters, dual HID's, and two relayed harnesses and it was still an easy install.

Oh, and fancy chrome turn signal bulbs :D

What are these Chrome bulbs you are talking about? And do you mean you have them in the corner lenses for the white bulb that comes on with the turn signal when the headlights are on (don't know the correct name for them)..I've been wanting to change those bulbs to something whiter since I converted to lsc housings and hids..looks like crap at night since the headlights are blueish white and those corner lights are more yellow than white, It would be nice if they match.

What are these Chrome bulbs you are talking about? And do you mean you have them in the corner lenses for the white bulb that comes on with the turn signal when the headlights are on (don't know the correct name for them)..I've been wanting to change those bulbs to something whiter since I converted to lsc housings and hids..looks like crap at night since the headlights are blueish white and those corner lights are more yellow than white, It would be nice if they match.

For the inner turn signals by the grille

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=350530645515&index=7&nav=SEARCH&nid=62370307557

John ddm hid is the way to go - keeps your lenses from turning black from the heat - try to find some that hasn't turned , they will scare ya - less amp draw and last a long time 2000+ hours. once you go hid you won't go back. don't go over 6000 kelvin - they are blue enough. - it's your ride but that's my opinion. I bought 8000k the 1st time and they were too blue so i ordered 6000k - like them lots better.

Members online

No members online now.
Back