Bizzare Idea, had to share

CTX-SLPR

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know some of ya'll were probably wishing the LS was offered in Coupe form, but it just struck me how cool this car could be if it was a wagon.... ok, call me crazy but I think an LS wagon would be awesome and if they had had the sense to do it it might have sold better in Europe.

hmmmm...... :confused: let's see.... a little cut n paste and....

:eek:
lswagon.jpg

looks like a volvo. It would look ok i guess

it would definitely look good, that is, for a wagon.

The back window needs more of a slope. And shorten up the rear door windows about 4 inches or so.

quick chop...

LSwagoncopy.jpg

Props to anyone who can guess what car I stole the top from... :p

The top two look great and would have considered a wagon version. It would likely have been at the top of my list. I do not want a mini van, dont like trucks or suvs but need cargo space badly.

Volvo wagons have always appealed to me but havenever considered them during purchases.

I know some of ya'll were probably wishing the LS was offered in Coupe form, but it just struck me how cool this car could be if it was a wagon.... ok, call me crazy but I think an LS wagon would be awesome and if they had had the sense to do it it might have sold better in Europe.

All I can say is YUCK!!

And those pictures made me throw up a little in my mouth.

The coupe idea sounds promising though.

I pulled up to the library on campus and looked at my car's reflection in the glass doors. It looked like a long coupe. Looked really good with the front end extended a little bit.

I've even gone so far with the coupe LS idea to trace a picture of a new Mustang and trace an LS and kind of lay the LS over the Mustang and combined the two. I thought it looked pretty cool.

is the chop a mercedes s550? or clk550?

the chop makes it look like a magnum.

i would have loved to have a wagon... more airspace = louder music.

Yeah, Lincoln could have done so much with LS. wagon and coupe version, would have sold very well. Look at BMW and Mercedes. Luxo cars with all the mentions models and they sell to everyone. Maybe someday Ford will figure it out and make cars like they used too. One model with a variation for the different versions (sedan, coupe, wagon) and don't forget the 4wheeldrive.

is the chop a mercedes s550? or clk550?

the chop makes it look like a magnum.
Nope, it came from an E class wagon. Neither S class or CLK class come in wagon form.
CTX got the brand right though.

I thought the same about it looking kinda like a magnum. Just not as boxy. I had made it taller to begin with but it looked too much like a bus.
I fudged up the roof rails and didn't feel like copying them back in, so I drew over them really crappy. It didn't look like a wagon without them for some reason.

I honestly don't think the LS would have sold very well as a coupe. As a 2 door convertible though... Id buy one. :p

Jaguar made a wagon recently...looked pretty classy. I always liked the 5-Series BMW wagon from a few years back as well.

I like the MKX and all, and the Nav and Aviator are/were nice too, but a wagon would be kind of cool and more Lincoln-like.

Heck, Audi sells a bunch...Volvo too.

In Europe, it seams there are 2 classes of cars, the rediculously cheap for personal transport and the maximum carrying capacity in the minimum size. Wagons are everywhere. I am personally a fan of wagons in general, have been for a long time. The current BMW anything is horrid, amazingly ruined by an American, but the previous 2 generations where quite nice and I'd love to have a 5 series wagon with the I6 or the V8. Volvos look best as wagons though I must say the S80 is very good looking. Don't forget the V70R.... I was really going to buy one but the deal on the LS was to good and the price was much lower. Sometimes I wonder why you don't see the full menu from anyone but BMW, Mercedes, and maybe Honda on anything anymore? You know Coupe, Sedan, and Wagon versions. Right now I can only think of the 3 and 5 series BMW, C class Mercedes, and maybe the Accord that offer that anymore.

Members online

No members online now.
Back