Blend Door Actuator

my05lincls8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Folks, my a/c is not working properly and I took it to the mechanic and he believes its the blend door actuator. The A/C blows hard, the compressor is strong, and it's full of freon. Has anyone had this issue or ever heard of it? I've done some research and I''ve found that this is a common issue with Ford/Lincoln/Mercury! Any enlightment? Dealer says its a $1000 fix! :confused:

Folks, my a/c is not working properly and I took it to the mechanic and he believes its the blend door actuator. The A/C blows hard, the compressor is strong, and it's full of freon. Has anyone had this issue or ever heard of it? I've done some research and I''ve found that this is a common issue with Ford/Lincoln/Mercury! Any enlightment? Dealer says its a $1000 fix! :confused:
Forgot to add, it's only hot ass air blowing out of the vents and it's 98 degrees in the Washington DC area!

Never heard of the door actuator, but Im having simaler problems, compressor going strong, no leaks, just filled the freon, and its blowing hot ass air on my feet when driving, and semi cool air out of the top vents but not cold by any means, I just fixed my clock spring so I dont have the funds to fix the air right now any input????

The correct term on the LS is the DCCV, or dual climate control valve. They are known to fail. The valve allows and regulates water flow to the dual heater cores. Your mechanic is on the right track. Kind of a tough part to get at, also.

Many moons ago while still under warranty, my '02 LS had the "cool one side - warm the other side" symptom. The dealer said the blend door actuator was defective. Whatever was done, the problem was fixed. Can't comment on the out-of-warranty cost. Incidentally, the DCCV had been replaced some time earlier to correct a similar problem.

You need to find a mechanic that actually knows something about an LS. The LS has no air temperature blend door, so he clearly is clueless. Your DCCV (Dual Coolant Control Valve) has failed. It is a common failure.

Members online

No members online now.
Back