Blinking ATS light (car with wheels spinngin) on instrument cluster

Mexican3001

Car audio guru
Reaction score
Ok, I know a lot of people will say search, but I did that and couldnt find anything helpful, so one day I was driving home from work, hit the traction control button turned it off then turned it back on, all while at a stop light, everything was fine, then I drive away and the message center says Check Advance Trak, and the light stayed on, the following 2 days it stopped saying Check Advance Trak, and the light on the instrument cluster would flash. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ok, I know a lot of people will say search, but I did that and couldnt find anything helpful, so one day I was driving home from work, hit the traction control button turned it off then turned it back on, all while at a stop light, everything was fine, then I drive away and the message center says Check Advance Trak, and the light stayed on, the following 2 days it stopped saying Check Advance Trak, and the light on the instrument cluster would flash. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any replies.

What year do you have, engine?

I had a similar problem with my '03 LS8. Thankfully it is and was still under warranty. The dealer ended up replacing the whole ATS system because it was defective.

My car did the same thing that you just described, take it in, hopefully you still have a warranty.

He must have a V8, because Lincoln saved us (V6 owners) the headache of the message center.

I have a 2000 LS V8, with about 91,000 miles on it, only have an after market power train warranty. did they say what the problem was exactly or just a defective ATS?

I have a 2000 LS V8, with about 91,000 miles on it, only have an after market power train warranty. did they say what the problem was exactly or just a defective ATS?

I forgot, it was about 5,000 miles ago.

There was a TSB on it at my dealer though.

He must have a V8, because Lincoln saved us (V6 owners) the headache of the message center.

AHAHHA you just made me a very happy man right now :) So is it true though that the v8's are more defective then the v6's in general?

anyone have any useful information about this?

Take it to a dealer if you have a warranty, they can surely help you. Like I said, mine was over 5,000 miles ago and it had something to do with the unit's master cylinder.

Also, try a search, its how I found the issue on mine....there is some useful information for you.

Its ironic that this happened to you but this also happened to me at 91,000 miles. Could be a bad ats module , could be a short could be your alt/battery these cars are ****ing nightmares. Good luck I figure id give u somewhere to start.

Its ironic that this happened to you but this also happened to me at 91,000 miles. Could be a bad ats module , could be a short could be your alt/battery these cars are ****ing nightmares. Good luck I figure id give u somewhere to start.

No such thing as an ATS module. The traction control function is in the ABS module. The same is true for AdvanceTrac (a car with wavy lines behind it instead of a spinning tire).

Members online

Back