'Bout had it with this thing...

moneyUWM

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright, so keep in mind that I had a complete tune-up about 2 months ago, changed everything and the thermostat, fixed a/c...bunch of stuff...

anyways,driving home tonight, about 26 degrees out, and start hearing some noises....right as im pullin into the alley to park, engine temp starts freaking out, get all the error messages, engine powers down or whatever and sounds and is running like all hell?

ALSO, lately has been warming up just fine, but the heater just "sometimes" works good, sometimes crappy.

Thermostat again? I dont want another $1000 tune up and a few extras again...I baby the hell out of this thing, and would love to have a car that doesn't require this many problems and problem solving. I had a Focus before this that I beat the hell out of and never had to do anything but an oil change...what a different story with the LS...

possible air lock in cooler lines. You may need to vent the cooler system. I think there is a procedure in the Tech section.
Gene

Alright, so keep in mind that I had a complete tune-up about 2 months ago, changed everything and the thermostat, fixed a/c...bunch of stuff...

anyways,driving home tonight, about 26 degrees out, and start hearing some noises....right as im pullin into the alley to park, engine temp starts freaking out, get all the error messages, engine powers down or whatever and sounds and is running like all hell?

ALSO, lately has been warming up just fine, but the heater just "sometimes" works good, sometimes crappy.

Thermostat again? I dont want another $1000 tune up and a few extras again...I baby the hell out of this thing, and would love to have a car that doesn't require this many problems and problem solving. I had a Focus before this that I beat the hell out of and never had to do anything but an oil change...what a different story with the LS...

Sounds very much like the typical air bubble in the coolant system. It needs to be bled properly, thoroughly, and per the procedures. It's very simple to do, but you must do it right. Otherwise, the bubble will appear, and the coolant will not flow properly through the system. Once the engine gets to a certain critical temp, the computer shuts down half of the cylinders in order to prevent permanent damage to the engine itself. But getting to this point often is NOT a good thing. Once you see the temp needle approach the 3/4 point, IMMEDIATELY turn the fan on full blast, and set both HVAC temp settings to full (90 degrees I think). This should temporarily force the bubble free/to move/keep the engine cool. This is NOT a substitute for a proper bleed, it will just help protect your engine while you are driving and encounter a coolant flow issue.

Sounds like air in system

You could have the problem of cracking in the reservoir bottle. Mine developed very fine cracks in the sides, no loss of fluid to tip me off. So i removed the bottle and sure enough, about 5 splits. Replaced the bottle at $160!!!! WTF!! no more problems. Bleed the system correctly first before checking the bottle.

thats not to bad, my 03 V8 has had $7500 in warrenty work in under 8 months. This car see no hard use, heated garage, syn. oil ect.

Members online

Back