Brake pull!

LiQQuid

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! After new brakes,discs, and right caliper car still pull to the right side
lincoln ls 2002 V8 3.9

maybe the left caliper is frozen open instead of closed? wheel alignment? air trapped in system (left side)?

It sounds like a loose ball joint or tie rod end. Something in your suspension geometry changes when you brake, and that causes the pull.

how much play in ball joint is normal,and how to check tie rod ends? thank you guys!!

Were the caliper slides greased and checked for freeness? The bellow boots on Ford caliper slides suck. I've had frozen slides on a bunch of Fords with that system. On the front it creates uneven pad wear and pulls. On the rear it creates uneven pad wear, poor brake performance, and a stiff brake pedal.

Does it pull / drift all the time or just when braking?

Did you check the slide pins for free movement?

Did you do both the front and rear brakes?

pull when braking! new brakes, just on front, left caliper is new not the right
alignment done
bleeding done
still pulls to the right

bliding done

What? Bleeding? I had my 79' blazer pull to the right once because I forgot to tighten the bleeder valve tightly. Then when I tightened it I didn't re-bleed the system and it still pulled :rolleyes: Finally I fixed it right and bleed the entire system again. This was 8-9 years ago. I own that blazer again and can assure you when I change the brake lines to steel braided (new lift kit) I will not make the same mistake.

Members online

No members online now.
Back