Brakes done, still grinding and squeeling.

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My rear pads were worn down to nothing yesterday, so i go and do my rears today. I finished them, and i still get the grinding when i stop, and it keeps squeeling like a beat bearing when im driving along. Whats up with it? its like it just started quitely, and started getting worse over the past 3 days, so its not like its been a progressively worsening problem. any insight would be appriciated, thaaaanks.

Why are you emphasising the american made part? if they are stamped Canadian, they are most likely to be Brembos.

Dod you make sure to use the sticky anti squeal paste/spray on the back of the new pads?

JC1994 said:
That or your calipers are shot.

im going to venture that that is the most likely problem. :( another $40 a side damnit!

NYC LSC said:
Did you lube the caliper pins?

But yeah, sounds like the calipers could be done.

yea, but all i know is...tryin to turn that caliper piston in was a BITCH, used all my strength on them. and it was hard convincing the cradle to retract the boltups on one side, so i think im gonna need a new cradle b4 long.

you do know its a twist in piston, not a press in right? if you just pressed it in with force, you probably just messed up your caliper really good..

Grifter said:
you do know its a twist in piston, not a press in right? if you just pressed it in with force, you probably just messed up your caliper really good..

i thought so at first, and i did try to press them in, but i dont believe hard enough to damage anything, cuz when i realised nothin was happening, i said...oh, its a screw in, and slapped my self.

btw, anyone have an extra caliper cradle?

Napa carries them, but you have to trick them and tell them its for a thunderbird.. they dont list a part for the mark. it was under $20 anyway

i fixed it, the caliper carrier was warped and it was pushing the pad against the rotor so, i got another form the yard, i think i should get another one for the other side too, but its good for now. no more squealey squeal.

67 continental. i have composit pads and i got ani squeel in a spray can from advance auto and sprayed it on the rotors 3 months ago and my brakes never squeeled again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back