Burnouts

SurfjaxLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anybody here do burnouts regurlarly with the traction control off? I know you can fry bearings and such in the rear end, and am wondering if anybody has ruined a part from driving like this. How long did it take to ruin the part as well.
:steering

How do you get yours to burn out?
Mine won't unless its raining even with the traction control off.
I tried to power break it once and it scared me to push it.
Never did break traction.

I park on an old tennis court at school. It has zero traction, so it isn't too hard. I haven't held one for more than about two seconds though.

easy to do burnouts depending on the pavement. powerbraking is one way that is bad for the car an even worse having the car in neutral and reving up the engine then popping it in drive works but only the left rear tire will spin. my favorite way and the safest way is using skinny tires and just flooring it in drive. or on cement/ indoor parking structures, anywhere with semi smooth pavement. Also on painted pavement is cool. Once i put my rear tires right behind a speed bump. it was painted yellow which makes it extremely slick "ask any motorcycleist about pavement paint". Breaking traction is the hardest part, after that just keep the gas going and it should keep burning. Also something kinda fun is putting slicks on the car and playing in an empty parking lot.

its not good for the car

But its like a dog you got to let it know whos in charge. just push in the brake and hit the gas. when it gets to like 3500RPM then let the brake out and keep it pedil to the meddal. it will be smoky and long. on another note I have neaver heard a single good thing about parellis. when I got the car it had a set that were less than half used. They are S H I T, sorry I dont know how eals to put it. they broke free so easy and handled like even worse.

take into consideration the extra tire width, they grip well for me and handle acceptionally well in the rain too. before these i had falcons that sucked more then my OEM tires and always screached on turns.

parellis suck

whatsupadrian said:
take into consideration the extra tire width, they grip well for me and handle acceptionally well in the rain too. before these i had falcons that sucked more then my OEM tires and always screached on turns.
I all ready have. when it comes to tires there just junk. and falcons are what we call an OPP tire Opening product price. there cheap and pretty much worse than any thing out there. if you want to get in to somthing decint. Dunlop, BFG, nito, avon and a cople Yokohamas, hell even Sumitomo makes a decent tire.

one of the biggest issues working against you on a long burn out is the unique rear-end setup in the LS - it acts as both a rear weight transfer under take off and as a front anti-drive geometry setup for hard braking under speed. It simply keeps the rear-end swatting and keep some of the weight over the tires under both launching and braking....

Why does everything on this car have to be unique? Ford had to have thought about making a car that could not be tuned, modified, or messed with.

SurfjaxLS said:
Why does everything on this car have to be unique? Ford had to have thought about making a car that could not be tuned, modified, or messed with.
I believe our ring and pinion are interchangeable with Mustang Cobras with IRS.

I don't ever sit around doing burnouts, but I noticed my right rear tire is almost bald today. Others aren't nearly as bad, and I do rotate them. Guess I've been bad lately.

I tried to do a burnout one wet slippery evening in my 04 V8 with the traction control off; unfortunately I couldn't hear or feel a burnout over all of the clunking and banging coming from the rear of the vehicle.

After that experience I think I'll get my burnout kicks with my empty 3500 series work van and a healthy 6.0L.

I will admit to doing periodic burnouts in my LS. And by periodic, I mean frequent. Giving it a bit of a power brake helps it get started, but you don't really have to be aggressive with it. I don't usually do burnouts at the track because it just isn't needed (in theory), but I did a really big one tonight. I got my best time on that run.

And yes, my right rear tire is getting pretty worn out - even though I rotate them.

My tires will break loose around corners, at times. But never do I burnout. My right rear tire is balding after 17k miles. That's a $135 Firehawk.

I'm sorry, but between the drivetrain, electronic and engine problems I've seen...the beauty of Miss is taking back seat. I treat this car like a queen and all she does is cost me money.

If I'm going to be spending this kind of money on luxury/performance, I think my mind is made up on that Audi S4 I've always wanted.

Oh wait, I'm going to have a hard time selling my LS if the Airbag light is continually on, it stutters upon acceleration, has a balding tire and the fact that it needed a torque converter after 70k. Anyone wanna buy?

plowman said:
My tires will break loose around corners, at times. But never do I burnout. My right rear tire is balding after 17k miles. That's a $135 Firehawk.

I'm sorry, but between the drivetrain, electronic and engine problems I've seen...the beauty of Miss is taking back seat. I treat this car like a queen and all she does is cost me money.

If I'm going to be spending this kind of money on luxury/performance, I think my mind is made up on that Audi S4 I've always wanted.

Oh wait, I'm going to have a hard time selling my LS if the Airbag light is continually on, it stutters upon acceleration, has a balding tire and the fact that it needed a torque converter after 70k. Anyone wanna buy?

Audi's are nice, but I have heard some bad things about owners having mechanical problems with them.

Yeah, I've seen a few with some ugly electrical problems. I guess it's all in what you're willing to take. Gone are the days of true quality. It's all about mass production, botttom line and profitability. It's all a bunch of S H I T.

Members online

No members online now.
Back