can the clock spring cause this.

5at38off

LVC Member
Reaction score
new member here, I love the site. my radio will not light up at night sometimes and sometimes it will. the digital display will light everytime but all the button will not. also some of the controls on the steering wheel are either not working or reversed. my cruise control and horn do work ok. mute does not and the selection skip changes the volume. I want to see if you think this is the clockspring before I go into the steering wheel. thanks.

Exact same problem I have, word for word. What year car and radio do you have.

it's the clock spring. exact problem I was having. Paid the price and got it fixed, glad I did.

it's the clock spring. exact problem I was having. Paid the price and got it fixed, glad I did.

and your radio lights up now?? i can vigorously hit my radio beside the buttons and it will flicker but thats the most i get. the (-) on the SST for the downshift was dim so i tapped that with my fist and its brighter now..

I just replaced my clockspring this past weekend. Why in the heck are the clocksprings so non-durable??? If you have an LS it's just a matter of time right??? I get the eerie feeling that I will be replacing it again in another 2 1/2 years.

mine is a 2000 LS V8. last night was weird again. the radio lit up and the steering wheel controls worked but I got no sound. I could see on the digital display the buttons I was hitting but no sound. this morning lights were back off and the radio worked. I guess I will do the clock spring this weekend.. thanks..

Clockspring is def bad, but Im not sure its related to the light display on the head unit? Either way, you wont be wasting money by replacing the clockspring, and seeing if it fixes the light issue.

Members online

No members online now.
Back