Can't get an answer to this Suspension ?.

OBI

LVC Member
Reaction score
Whats up everyone. New here, seemed like a pretty cool forum with lots of knowledgeable people in it. I had a few ?'s for you guys.

To start off I'm a audio nut. I've done things to my car that some of you guys would probably hate me for. But hey its a hobby. lol. Well to the question. Is there anyway to beef up my rear suspension? I getting pretty bad sag in the back, due to my equipment in the truck. 8 kinetik hc2000's, 4 Sundown 2k's and 2 Sundown 100.4's. Equals alittle over 600 pounds. Car tires are not touching the rear wells(sp?) yet, still has about 3 inches, but once I put in the wall, that an extra 400 pounds. So is there any way to get beefier springs? Even ones that would fit from another car? Im asking cause I know its been done. But cant find the answer anywhere. Pretty much asking what would and wouldn't work.

Oh and I'm trying to stay away from an air suspension.

would spring rubbers do it?

Oh, and this thread is worthless without pics :D

You might be able to find a shop that can make some custom springs, but, AFAIK, the only off-the-shelf aftermarket springs for the LS are lowering springs. They might be stiffer, but I'm thinking the drop is not going to help your cause. Bags might be your best option...

would spring rubbers do it?

Oh, and this thread is worthless without pics :D

I was thinking of using those as a temp solution. Ever hear anything bad about them? Alright I'll try and find some and get them put up. I'll put up a vid of my ride for now. Remember its not completed yet.

You might be able to find a shop that can make some custom springs, but, AFAIK, the only off-the-shelf aftermarket springs for the LS are lowering springs. They might be stiffer, but I'm thinking the drop is not going to help your cause. Bags might be your best option...

Yea I was thinking the same. Actually thinking of going to a shop the specializes with donks, and that stuff, to just give my rear end a little lift. Nothing to crazy, just at stock height.

YouTube - 8 Rockford Fosgate Power T162's on 2 Sundown 100.4s NOTE DOORS NOT DONE

r u deaf yet? lol jk

Lol nope. Actually my hearing has actually gotten better over the years.

+1, wtf did you use on the doors?

Just glassed them. Still in raw form still need lots of sanding and kitty hair/filler, then more sanding. Than Imma either wrap of paint them.

But if your asking about which mids. Its 8 Rockford Fosgate Power Series 6.5's component sets. The hard part was running 8 runs of 12ga to each door. I know 12ga is over kill but why not? lol

It sounds like custom springs would be best. I know from another platform that these guys make great stuff at a great price:
http://www.bcracing-na.com/index.php
I do not know if they can make them for the LS, but it does not hurt to check. I am sure there is a company out there that will do it for you if they will not.

Members online

No members online now.
Back