Cigarette Lighter ... [power outlet]

ittme

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My cigarette lighter works, however, I cannot get anything else to work in there. I've tried a cell phone charger, radar detector, and a tire pumper. Nothing will work.

Two questions I have. 1: Is that the only power outlet in the car. 2: Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

what year? My 03 has at least 5 power ports in it. I know on mine the cigarette lighter port ONLY works for a cig lighter. I have to use one of the power ports for accessories.

if you use it to light cigarettes it is because some tobacco sticks to the lighter and when you put it back it, the ash after it burns gets over the center connector. I had the same problem. Disconnect the battery and clean it out with something.

I have an 00, should have included that in my post (sorry!). Is there any other power outlets? I will try to clean out the current one.

can't speak for 00, but my 03 has one 5 inches to the right of the cig lighter. also one in the center console (under your right arm) with a spring loaded flip cover on it. then a couple in the back doors.

I have noticed that some plugs need a little help working in the cig lighter. Try twisting the socket around. I added an extra outlet at the rear of the console, like in the 2001-2002s.

Tried twisting, nothing. I know its not the unit im trying to use either becasue it worked in one of my roomates cars.

beaups said:
can't speak for 00, but my 03 has one 5 inches to the right of the cig lighter. also one in the center console (under your right arm) with a spring loaded flip cover on it. then a couple in the back doors.

5 power points in an 03? I count two on my 03 (one on the instrument panel to the right of the cigarette lighter, and another inside the center console). Beaups, can you be more specific where the others are located? Mine has no power points in the back doors.

Probably an option...
I belive they use differant sockets, you may be able to change your's...

you're right! I only have 4. one below the rear airvents for the back. none in the back doors. my last car had in the back doors, I was confused. In fact, this is now the first time I've sat in the back of my LS. the backs of the front seats are VERY CHEAP. What's with the 3 foot piece of plastic on the back of the front seats????

beaups said:
you're right! I only have 4. one below the rear airvents for the back. none in the back doors. my last car had in the back doors, I was confused. In fact, this is now the first time I've sat in the back of my LS. the backs of the front seats are VERY CHEAP. What's with the 3 foot piece of plastic on the back of the front seats????

One below the rear airvents? On an 03? Mine doesn't have that. Can you post a picture?

AFAIK, there are only two power points in the 2003+ LS (I'm NOT counting the true cigarette lighter): One on the instrument panel above the ashtray and to the right of the cigarette lighter, and another one in the center console with a spring-loaded cover. That's it.

00' only has one power point - the ashtray.

Mine stopped working completely. Checked the fuses all in-tact. Does anyone know of any potential fixes???

Members online

No members online now.
Back