Clockspring part number??

hannibal

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've searched the internet, searched the forums, for some reason I can't find the part number for the clockspring! Anyone?? 02 Lincoln LS

the parts number is XW4Z-14A664-AA retails for $109.96 and LVC cost is $88.52. I have that is stock
Max

mrzeee said:
the parts number is XW4Z-14A664-AA retails for $109.96 and LVC cost is $88.52. I have that is stock
Max

Hey Max! Say hello to Eric for me!!! (he gets me my Cobra parts...:) )

a HUNDRED BUCKS? WHAT THE #%(*?e!?

So let me get this straight... so far, at a hundred thousand miles on my 2000 Lincoln LS, I've had go bad:
Coil packs ($50 apiece from a parts store)
Wheel bearings
Valve cover gaskets (took me about 14 hours labor of my own time to do this, lest it would've cost me over $1000 at the dealer to do)
Rear window regulator
Drivers side heated seat
Transmission doesn't shift right
And now, another friggin' $100 part goes bad...

Screw Ford... anyone want to buy this piece of crap off of me? Nine grand and it's yours. 2000 V8 sport. Apparently I've fixed EVERY #*%(ING PART ON THIS CAR already, so what's left to go bad, huh?

sounds like you should have looked at the car better before you bought it.

beaups said:

right, like no other LS has those problems..

we all understand how you feel. these are expensive cars to maintain. lincoln wanted to compete with bmw, and therefore, alot of the items cost about as much as bmw parts. last month i had a bad rear wheel bearing. part retails at $550, as it only comes as a knuckle. add another 1.2 hours of labor at $79/hour, and it's pretty expensive. luckily, i work in the parts dept, so i only paid $364 for the part, plus labor obviously, but my point is these are nice cars, but be prepared to dish out some cash. some will obviously chime in and say they had no problems....luck of the litter i guess.

beaups said:

Oh, yeah, I could have seen:
Coil packs going bad at random times, working one day and stopping the next...
Wheel bearings fine when I buy the car, no play, no noise, and within 10,000 miles they both start dying...
Valve cover gaskets - don't even get me started on this... there is no reason on God's green earth that VALVE COVER GASKETS should EVER go bad. NEVER.
Rear window regulator breaking, worked fine, then didn't work...
Drivers side heated seat stopping, maybe I should have pulled the stitching out of the seat and checked the system out?
Transmission gradually getting worse at shifting at only 100k miles
Clockspring... a clockspring, I could really have seen that one coming, I mean, everyone disconnects the airbag and pulls the steering wheel off of their car to check to see if a clockspring is going to go bad... :rolleyes:

00ls-sport said:
we all understand how you feel. these are expensive cars to maintain. lincoln wanted to compete with bmw, and therefore, alot of the items cost about as much as bmw parts. last month i had a bad rear wheel bearing. part retails at $550, as it only comes as a knuckle. add another 1.2 hours of labor at $79/hour, and it's pretty expensive. luckily, i work in the parts dept, so i only paid $364 for the part, plus labor obviously, but my point is these are nice cars, but be prepared to dish out some cash. some will obviously chime in and say they had no problems....luck of the litter i guess.

RX-7's had the same problem, but someone found an exact replacement bearing, but to get the old bearing out, you had to put a small slot in the hub so you could press out the old race. You probably can get away with doing the same thing on LS's

LOL I had to bump this thread. Stumbled on it when I was google searching prices for the clockspring. 2 Funny the guy whine about prices then. Looks like I am shelling out 170 for one now.

And wow. 1k for valve cover gaskets? I just had that done and bill (labor) was 425 included that, cops replace and wiring repair one side, whole mess of EGR hose R&R.

Anyone know how I can get in touch with max to get one for 88?

Members online

No members online now.
Back