Coil Exchange question

MarkVa1

LVC Member
Reaction score
So as part of my learning curve, I bought 8 new coils off ebay and the electrical connectors didn't quite fit. they were hollowed out, but the prongs were too wide to let me lock the electrical connector all of the way on and into place. so I got some from the dealer. the ebay site will let me exchange, but not refund.

so what should I exchange them for? I just recently did all new plugs/coils, VCG replacement - what other items wear out on the LS? Maybe they sell fuzzy dice? :D

that sucks. they should refund if their item did not meet the description which i'm assuming said it would fit your year LS specifically. if they still say they won't then you would want to talk to someone on ebay itself. i would leave negative feedback if i didn't get my money back.

yeah, at first they kind of insinuated that if I was a professional I wouldn't have had any problem. But really, plugging the electrical connector in - can anything get any simpler to do ? It either clicks into place or it doesn't.....

It was obvious the electrical prong on their part was almost twice as wide as the stock part.

I knew I was taking a chance after reading all of the posts on this site, so I blame myself 50%. I thought if I came up with something that was about $150 that I will need in the future anyway, I could just exchange and be done with the back and forth emails.

Lesson learned.

How many miles on your LS? Maybe you could get a set of ball joints for when they start to wear out.

I'm right at 100K miles. Is the ball joint the part on the steering knuckle that is prone to failure, or something different? I replaced the front right knuckle a while back and have the left one sitting in my garage awaiting failure!

Members online

No members online now.
Back