Confused about the HID situation.

Blacky Bulger

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Edit it is a 1997 LSC

Hello, everyone it's been about a month and a few days since I purchased the Mark Viii and she has been running fine.... but recently my passenger side low beam blew out.... now I have been stumped because when I bought it the bulb was never blue or HID color as the driver side... it seemed as if it were a normal lamp or yellowish.. behind that lamp it looks like there is tape behind it :shifty::confused:

I know the HIDs are discontinued... but does that mean I can the just buy any bulb with the 9005#?

Car electronics confuse me on a whole new level

Last edited:
No if your HIDs were original (I assume you bought a used HID bulb and replaced the burned out one) then you can't just plug in any regular halogen bulb..my guess is someone replaced the other bulb at some point which would explain the tape. Not sure exactly what you're trying to say about the bulb being more blue? More blue than the other side? When bulbs get old usually they start turning more of a pinkish yellow right before they stop working..so if I were you I'd replace the other one also. Or as a second option rip that sh*t out and put in an aftermarket HID kit..which can be found for less than the cost of one original HID bulb. This topic has been discussed on this forum many many times. Search google for "delrin HID adapters LVC" which will take you back to this site..it explains all of what needs to be done to convert to aftermarket HIDs..a small adapter is needed to make it work which DLF a member who just passed away used to make..so you might still be able to find a set if you hurry...or if you're crafty you could probably fabricate your own set out of plastic..all it really is, is a small round spacer to hold the aftermarket hid bulb in place of the big hole in the back of the 2nd gen housing.

No you would need to pull out the driver side and comparison the 2, make sure they look the same. If the look the same then great you can get a used factory hid. Or find someone the is sellin the DLF adaptors since the man that used to make them passed away recently. And buy an after market hid kit with 9006 bulb. If you do have the same passenger as driver I do have my used ones in working order if you would be interested.

I have 4 Original HID's for sale right now, in excellent shape. And I take paypal.in the used auto parts string.

Alright will get back to all of you guys shortly... something tells me the previous owner broke it and rigged it together.... I love how people think because the lights are HIDs and blue that I put money into the car.... then I remind them this isn't a toy Honda... it's stock, luxurious, and fast.

first North American car with HID headlamps? Lincoln Mark VIII. the '95 model year LSC to be specific.

I just sold a pair, which ohsaves me 1 more, that I want to keep for myself has a spare. If no one se has any , give me so e time. I may come a cross another pair soon.

Members online

Back