Correct Procedure - lifting car on 4 jack stands ?

ive noticed the jack stand seem to want to move less going front to back. when i tried side to side, one of them kept wanting to tip over...

ive noticed the jack stand seem to want to move less going front to back. when i tried side to side, one of them kept wanting to tip over...

Same here.... I jack the front up high enough to get a stand under each side then I jack the rear up enough to get at least one jack stand.

I also do not go all the way up all at once, i lift it up high enough to get a stand at its lowest setting under each corner then go back around lifting it higher as needed...

^ "BigGigLS" ... SERIOUSLY!!!!

Mines been on stands since November 2013, I can't seem to get it off the stands for some reason!
I lowered the LS with Eibachs springs then raised it with Michelin stands. Who does that?

PS: Do NOT lift the rear at the dif. Not good for it. Like Loud1 mentioned, up a bit all around then repeat to full extend. (if so desired)

Front to back.

We tend to disagree

Back_to_Front.jpg

I had a scary moment last night taking it off stands on the front. I jacked up the driver side, took the stand out, let it down. Then, when I started jacking the passenger side, it started rocking. It was rocking on the rear driver wheel with the jack and jack stand on the front passenger corner. I guess that's why you don't use the subframe rail as a jack stand point... I've never had that happen before with this car

This car is so stiff it's hard to lift it with one jack without it teetering. Probably the easiest way to get it up in the air is with two floor jacks.

Something I always do is after I get the car all the way in the air at the height I want it, I will hit all 4 corners a second time to reposition the jack stands. This puts all 4 jack stands on a solid footing with no rocking. I also slide either the car's wheels or an old set of wheels under the car so if something goes wrong and the car slides off a jack stand, it will land on the wheels instead of me. One thing that I DO NOT LIKE is working under a car because I don't want to be found with my feet sticking out from under a car one day.

Members online

Back