Cruise Control Issues

Rewster

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2002 LS ans was wondering if anyone can help me out with this. When I turn on my cruise it works for about 3 to 5 mins just fine then it shuts down and will not come back on till I turn off the car and start back up and go again then it will work again but for only 3 to 5 mins seems like it heats and needs to reset for some reason. Any help will be appriciated thanks.

I would suspect a problem with the cruise control module. Might have to take that one to the dealer to diagnose.

Were you able to get this fixed? I have the same issue. I already tried replacing the clockspring. My radio buttons on the steering wheel don't work either.

Did you check your connections under the driver's seat? I've heard of a severed wire causing a similar issue.

Did you find out what the problem is?
I have a 2003 LS V8 and my Cruise Control is just not working!
All other controls on the Steering wheel are working just fine.
Could my Clockspring be going out or is there a separate cruise control box that I could access easier than the clockspring first?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice!

Steven
2003 Lincoln LS V8

clockspring

with clockspring, the cruise acts funny, the radio buttons don't work right, the airbag light comes on and the CD selector won't work correctly either. any of the above and any order. replace the clockspring.

Did you find out what the problem is?
I have a 2003 LS V8 and my Cruise Control is just not working!
All other controls on the Steering wheel are working just fine.
Could my Clockspring be going out or is there a separate cruise control box that I could access easier than the clockspring first?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice!

Steven
2003 Lincoln LS V8

Since you have an 03, it pretty much has to be the clockspring. You don't have a separate cruise control module like the gen I. On the gen II, cruise control is just some extra software in the PCM and the switches on the steering wheel.

Thank you "tireman" & "joegr",
I appreciate the responses.
I might just wait for something else to go out that is affected by the Clockspring, before I replace it.

Thank you,
Steven Brown
2003 Lincoln LS V8

Members online

No members online now.
Back