cruise control

dannyray

New LVC Member
Reaction score
does any 1 know the fuse or fuse no. that is 4 the cruise control on a 2000 ls:(

what did u fiddle with / u think the harness is unpluged / does any 1 know where it is

Could be the clockspring behind the steering wheel. I know mine hasn't worked since I bought the thing, but I don't use it much so it doesn't bother me.

when you guys say it doesn't work- clockspring, do you mean the lights don't go on or anything?
Mine worked fine and then last week it stopped. All the lights go on on the dashboard, it just doesn't apply throttle to maintain speed. The light will stay on as long as you drive the speed where you hit the "set accel" button, but if you let off the throttle, the car will slow down and eventually, the light turns off.
Any ideas on where to start looking? Clockspring was done less than a year ago and I would guess the light on the dashboard wouldn't come on if that was the issue.

It sounds more like it could be the servo unit, or the mechanical cable that attaches it to the throttle. I think that the servo sits to the left (driver's side) of the engine on gen I. (Gen II doesn't have a cruise servo.)

Could be the clockspring behind the steering wheel. I know mine hasn't worked since I bought the thing, but I don't use it much so it doesn't bother me.

Electric E-Brake and Cruise Control??? COME ON NYC! :confused:

It sounds more like it could be the servo unit, or the mechanical cable that attaches it to the throttle. I think that the servo sits to the left (driver's side) of the engine on gen I. (Gen II doesn't have a cruise servo.)
Which cable is it? One cable goes down under the brake booster and the other goes straight into the firewall

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

I have gen II, so I don't really know for sure. I assume it is the one going under the booster. I guess you could disconnect that one and see if you can still move the throttle with the gas pedal. If so, then you have the correct cable and will need to follow it to its other end. The servo should be there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back