Cup holder removal.

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright this thing is pissing me off. I removed the two screws on the bottom of the console storage bin and still cant remove the bin to get access to the cup holder. Do I have to remove the whole center console to get it out?
The arms on my cup holders are broken and my door spring is broken so I would like to fix it all.

you have to take the entire console out and flip it over, you cant remove the cup holder from the top or sides while the console is in the car, you have to take it out first.

Thats what I had thought. Dangit, guess I will do that tomorrow then.
Thanks Jamie.

OK, new issue. IDK that the ash tray was all part of it and all I need to do is replace the arms and springs on the cup holders so I was gonna cockroack the parts from my old one. You can just sway them out right? What I meen is its not all glued together but screwed/bolded so I can remove the parts I need to fix mine right?
I just dont want to go through removing it all only to find that I cant do it.
People want $130+ for these damn things and I sure as hell aint gonna do that. :(

dude dont try swapping the arms you'll never get it done, the leather covers come off, take your leathers off and swap them, the ashtray door isnt hard to change though.

Its a little spring and a ring gear sorta in there, you could take it apart and switch with your good one but pay attention to how it comes off or it may be confusing to reassemble.
Take off the whole center console and remove the cup holder/ashtray assembly from the bottom, have them side by side when doing it it will be so much easier. you can swap the wood top as well if needed with just a couple lil screws.
Good luck, glad to see your still in the game!

I use my cup holder for a cell phone holder while driving, my lid will sit shut but it doesnt click. just flops back and forth.

OK, I didnt know the front colored piece in front of the ash tray could be removed. Thought it was vac formed or glued on. If the other colored ruberized covers come off then thats no problem swapping them I just didnt want any tan parts on a grey interior. :lol:

you have to take the entire console out and flip it over, you cant remove the cup holder from the top or sides while the console is in the car, you have to take it out first.

Does this apply for Gen 1's? My cup holder cover in is perma-open. Its like a spring popped off or something.

Members online

No members online now.
Back