Custom Hood?

BLACK LS8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Im Just Wonderin If There Are Any Custom Hoods Out There. I Figured Because Of The Aluminum Hood They Don't Really Make Any Other Hoods. I Would Like To Have A 2 Inch Tall Cowl Induction Scoop. But I Would Like To Have It All One Piece. Not The Glue On Crap. Let Me Know If You Guys Have Seen Anything Out There. Thanx.

i have a carbon fiber overlay on mine. i wanted to do the hood scoops from the jag but they are 1200 a piece

Isn't the purpose of a cowl induction for carbs? It'd be pretty pointless to have a cowl hood..... Unless you were going for some sort of style, and if so, why not just get a cheap one and have it molded into the stock hood and painted.

Cowl Induction on an LS? I personally think that would make the car look like a$$. Just wouldnt look right.. Quik has good looking hood.. Check his out for an idea.

quikLS has a custom hood wit scoops.. click on his signature..

Isn't the purpose of a cowl induction for carbs? It'd be pretty pointless to have a cowl hood..... Unless you were going for some sort of style, and if so, why not just get a cheap one and have it molded into the stock hood and painted.

Actually, cowl induction hoods could in theory be used with EFI. The point to a cowl induction hood is that the air is more dense at the base of the windshield do to the change in direction it is forced to make. So it makes sense to pull in this air for your air-charge. Think of it in terms of a cool air intake; they don't call it a cool air intake because it looks cool. The cool air is more dense than hot air. It's all about air density.

Anyway, no there are not any aftermarket hoods available.

I though i remember seeing a post one time about a CF hood that someone was looking into for the LS. I could be wrong. But i too would be interested in an aftermarket, possibly CF hood. Probably with the same kinda heat extractor vents as quik has. I think thats what they are called at least.

I though i remember seeing a post one time about a CF hood that someone was looking into for the LS. I could be wrong. But i too would be interested in an aftermarket, possibly CF hood. Probably with the same kinda heat extractor vents as quik has. I think thats what they are called at least.

Hey, if you find it and it's actually made for the LS, let me know, I might be interested myself. But I've never heard of such a thing... Maybe it was something someone wanted to modify to get it to fit?

Members online

No members online now.
Back